Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 04:02 PM

Re: End To Free Movement

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Leaving the EU has significant influence on immigration, but totally contrary to what farage told in 2016?

As you aren't and weren't part of the Schengen (border free) area, the UK already had its own border controls. Border Force officers conducted checks on EU/EEA travellers at UK ports of entry, as well as british citizens and non-EU/EEA nationals.
There was some speculation that the UK leaving the EU would mean an end to the border control agreements with france, and consequently, an increase in cross-channel irregular migration flows.
The border control arrangements are the result of agreements between the UK and france and not EU law. France can unilaterally terminate the agreements. And recently france is helping immigrants safely reach the UK.
The UK might lose access to some sources of information which support border security processes. The present trade negotiations extend to these subjects as well. UK law enforcement agencies—including some border control staff—for the remainder of 2020 have access to parts of the Schengen Information System database (SIS-II) which gives access to real-time information about wanted or missing people, public security threats, and missing or stolen property. But barnier walking away from negotiations would see an end to that as well.

So boris taking you out of the EU only hampers the stopping of immigration.

The only person who is avoiding and deflecting questions is you. I asked you what you had to look forward to in the EU and you either can't answer because you don't know or... you just don't know.

As far as the UK border is concerned and Schengen, please refer to the 30 or 40 or so posts and replies I've made on here to explain how they work. If you can't be bothered to or don't want to, then that's up to you, but after 30 or 40 explanations and answers to all your questions, I find it very ignorant of you to continue to ask again and again, as if you think you will get a different answer.

You won't and you still haven't learned anything, about Schengen, immigration and the Letouquet agreement

Your becoming extremely boring, which is a big step down from pathetic.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The only person who is avoiding and deflecting questions is you. I asked you what you had to look forward to in the EU and you either can't answer because you don't know or... you just don't know.

As far as the UK border is concerned and Schengen, please refer to the 30 or 40 or so posts and replies I've made on here to explain how they work. If you can't be bothered to or don't want to, then that's up to you, but after 30 or 40 explanations and answers to all your questions, I find it very ignorant of you to continue to ask again and again, as if you think you will get a different answer.

You won't and you still haven't learned anything, about Schengen, immigration and the Letouquet agreement

Your becoming extremely boring, which is a big step down from pathetic.
What do you do when you get bored by a tv-program? You stop watching. There is nothing that compels you to answer, certainly when your answer is wrong or aimed at deflecting from your ignorance.
It's much more fun to answer perce vere, he is getting at a better level than you.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 04:12 PM

What do you do when you get bored by a tv-program? You stop watching. There is nothing that compels you to answer, certainly when your answer is wrong or aimed at deflecting from your ignorance.
It's much more fun to answer perce vere, he is getting at a better level than you.
Thank you for the compliment (?) but you've still to answer Bread and not swerve him.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Thank you for the compliment (?) but you've still to answer Bread and not swerve him.
You are very welcome perce!
I've answered bread's response on my post. His question however, is totally off-topic. You know the rules, and both bread and myself have been reprimanded often enough to get the message
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 05:22 PM

Do you really think you have anything of value in what you just put ^^^

It's like dealing with a child trying to get you to understand the basic concepts of trade, fisheries, WTO etc and how your own union works. I've spent literally hours on here trying and trying to explain how these topics but time after time all you do is either :

1. Ignore it and carry on getting things wrong
2. Call people liars because you refuse to believe the reality of how the world works
3. Google up some irrelevant crap from the internet and post it thinking you are actually replying to the topic or putting a point across (as if you know what your talking about).

I hope your some sort of comedian because if your being serious about what your posting, you really need to get help.

Try and start a thread or something - do what people on here are supposed to do and have a grown up conversation, instead of trying to spoil every discussion, every thread and every comment anyone makes, like a child.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 05:24 PM

If you know that, your government has an inkling too. Why is boris sitting on his hands then? Isn't he the great leader that will solve all problems that made you brexit?
No! He has tried - I'll give him that - But 'great leader'? No way.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

26-06-2020, 05:24 PM

You are very welcome perce!
I've answered bread's response on my post. His question however, is totally off-topic. You know the rules, and both bread and myself have been reprimanded often enough to get the message
You haven't answered anything at all.

Q. What is great about the future of the EU ?

^^ second time of asking
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 05:28 PM

So far he is, starting with actually getting us out last January.

What great things are ahead in the EU for your country (apart from raiding pensions, savings and investments to bail out Italy and Spain ?)
But we are not - are we, Bread. The tentacles of eurofilth are everywhere.

We could and should have been completely free within six months of the referendum - yet here we are - four years later still talking about it.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

26-06-2020, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
But we are not - are we, Bread. The tentacles of eurofilth are everywhere.

We could and should have been completely free within six months of the referendum - yet here we are - four years later still talking about it.
We left the EU in January this year. The only part that ties us into the EU is the Withdrawal Agreement which ends on 31st December 2020

Then that's it - the EU is nothing to do with us
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

26-06-2020, 08:10 PM

We left the EU in January this year. The only part that ties us into the EU is the Withdrawal Agreement which ends on 31st December 2020

Then that's it - the EU is nothing to do with us
The coronavirus crisis, which comes in the 15th and final full year of Merkel’s stint at the top of German politics, has not just led to a remarkable upswing for her personal approval ratings, but also an extraordinary pivot away from her conservative party’s deeply ingrained fiscal restraint.
On 18 May, Merkel surprised even party colleagues in her Christian Democratic Union (CDU) by teaming up with Emmanuel Macron to*push for a European recovery fund*worth €500bn (£448bn).
In front of journalists from the Europa group of newspapers, Merkel said*Germany*was right to be prepared for “an extraordinary act of solidarity”.
“In a crisis of this magnitude, each and every one of us is expected to do what needs to be done. What needs to be done in this case is something extraordinary. Germany had a low debt ratio and can afford, in this extraordinary situation, to take on some more debt. It is also very important to us to keep the programme within the bounds of the European treaties. We have found a way to do that.”

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top