Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 05:27 PM

Re: Where’s The Predicted Second Outbreak Of Covid-19?

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I think in the beginning they said sunshine and heat killed the virus. Perhaps that will potect the beach goers a bit. We'll see soon.
No one has said this !
Neither cold nor heat kills this virus .
What HAS been said is that you stand less chance of picking up the virus outdoors than being rammed together indoors ,pubs ,theatres, cinemas ,restaurants .
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 06:16 PM

Sisters neighbours have all been flouting lockdown and social distancing, its upset her greatly as shes watched them party , go into each others houses , and having told them how upset she feels about them . Now neighbour below a girl in her early 30s has tested positive and is pregnant also with two small kids . Yet this girl says she feels absolutely fine and was working as a carer for the elderly, obviously now having to isolate, I wonder how many she infected. She was one who was mixing .
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 12:05 AM

Where's the predicted 2nd wave ?

In the U.S. !

Many states had fewer and fewer new cases of C-19.
So, what did they do ? You guessed it. They allowed people to congregate in bars and other gathering places. Sure as God made little green apples, the number of new cases is sky-rocketing again. This is especially true in Florida, Texas, and California.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 08:16 AM

Hi

No smoke from Crematoria, they are shut if there is.

They have all had an upgrade to prevent mercury getting into the atmosphere.

Not a lot of hearses either, funerals have been limited during Lockdown, so no noticeable convoys of mourners.

Because of the precautions many bodies are being transported in unmarked vans, easier to sterilise.

There is no Second Wave yet, but cases are not falling as quickly as they were.

Guy was in ITU just over a fortnight ago.

He was the only non covid in there, years younger than anyone else and he saw 3 die overnight,scary.

We have both been tested and both clear, we intend to remain that way.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 08:28 AM

I think in the beginning they said sunshine and heat killed the virus. Perhaps that will potect the beach goers a bit. We'll see soon.
Actually, the scientists say the UV in sunlight can kill 90% of the virus it destroys the coating of the virus. Also the reason why meat factories are central to new outbreaks is because they're cold.
I remember people asking why we weren't spraying the streets, scientists said it was useless, the sun would do a better job. I thought it odd that hot countries were having outbreaks at the time.

But then someone will say I'm making that up I expect.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 08:46 AM

Actually, the scientists say the UV in sunlight can kill 90% of the virus it destroys the coating of the virus. Also the reason why meat factories are central to new outbreaks is because they're cold.
I remember people asking why we weren't spraying the streets, scientists said it was useless, the sun would do a better job. I thought it odd that hot countries were having outbreaks at the time.

But then someone will say I'm making that up I expect.
Hi

Not at all Tessa.

You make a valid point.

It spreads easier indoors and at colder temperatures.

It still spreads however in warmer temperatures with no social distancing and a lack of hand hygiene.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
There has been a second outbreak in Leicstershire , no surprise there , then .

Yes, there was something on the the telly news over the weekend about a flare-up in Leicestershire.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
There has been a second outbreak in Leicstershire , no surprise there , then .
Also Anglesey.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Not at all Tessa.

You make a valid point.

It spreads easier indoors and at colder temperatures.

It still spreads however in warmer temperatures with no social distancing and a lack of hand hygiene.
I was wondering whether people had assumed that the sunshine would protect them and used that as an excuse to go to the beaches.
We'll find out soon.

We've been told to wash hands in hot water (with soap) so heat is supposed to help.

I'm not defending those idiots on the beaches, heaven knows we've been invaded here to the point where our local hospital had to close to A&E.
I'm trying to understand why they would want to be in crowds. Any sensible person would avoid that.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

29-06-2020, 10:12 AM

I was wondering whether people had assumed that the sunshine would protect them and used that as an excuse to go to the beaches.
We'll find out soon.

We've been told to wash hands in hot water (with soap) so heat is supposed to help.

I'm not defending those idiots on the beaches, heaven knows we've been invaded here to the point where our local hospital had to close to A&E.
I'm trying to understand why they would want to be in crowds. Any sensible person would avoid that.
Hi

The virus affects oldies much more.

They get mild symptoms so consider themselves invulnerable.

Not a thought for their parents and grandparents,.

They are also missing a trick here.

Viruses mutate, so any mutation could affect them as much as us oldies.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top