Join for free
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 12:48 AM

Home birthing

Since the beginning of the C-19 crisis, home birthing in the U.S. has increased 200 %. In spite of the dangers of doing so, which is doubled. This has brought mid-wives into the forefront.
What say you ? Would you, if still in child bearing age, have a home birth with the help of a mid-wife?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 02:09 AM

Re: Home birthing

I wouldn’t because I would like the whole team of doctors and nurses with me if anything should go wrong .
My first child was breech and was a difficult birth ( today would be a cesarian ) my other two were born with midwives in a then third world world hospital .
However my DIL is a former practising midwife who now lectures on midwifery in a university . She has supervised many home births some in water .
After all giving birth is a natural procedure .
It’s also horribly painful .
As they say if men gave birth everyone would be an only child !
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 02:38 AM

I was present at the arrival of two of my children! I nearly fainted!! I am so glad I was born male even if we don't statistically live as long!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 10:51 AM

I wouldn’t like a home birth either, just in case something went wrong but also what would you do with all that yuk and blood?
Well....Unless you want to cook the placenta to eat!

I wouldn’t like to to give birth in water either! I have known many incidences of midwives being off work after, with a bad back!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 10:54 AM

Eeee yuk I don’t want to think about it.

When my children were born overseas ( Borneo ) they give you the placenta in a tin .

You are supposed to bury it near the house to ensure future fertility.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 11:45 AM

I'm glad I didn't opt for a home birth, my twins were almost 7 weeks premature and put straight in incubators for 6 weeks.

It's more reassuring knowing you have experts at hand if there are complications.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 12:50 PM

Much as I don't like hospitals, I would still opt to give birth there rather than at home.

Having said that, I was born at home, but I think more babies were in those days.
After my Mum died in 2014, amongst piles of paperwork, I found my birthing records from Mum's midwife.
It says time, date, birthweight, and even how many hours Mum was in labour for.
I was chuffed to bits to find that and have kept it safe.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top