Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 07:47 PM

Re: Brexit Lorry Park

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The proper hard border should be between Eire and Ulster - and I do mean hard.

As for smooth imports and exports what matters is not trade with the horrid EU but smooth trade with the rest of the world. Nothing would please me more than to see an Iron Curtain between the UK and the EU.

Once the EU starts to disintegrate which now will be very soon what will matter is trade with the newly independent once more European states.
You do realise that trading on wto terms will not be between UK and EU, but between UK and the independent member states?
If no trade deal is reached by 2021. If a business in the UK wants to buy 4 tons of tomatoes from a german producer, he agrees a price (including transport and tariff charges) and the tomatoes are sent over. No problem. The important question will be: is the price the british business wants to sell the tomatoes for competitive with tomatoes produced in the UK?
But doing business with a german producer, in itself, is not the problem.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You do realise that trading on wto terms will not be between UK and EU, but between UK and the independent member states?
If no trade deal is reached by 2021. If a business in the UK wants to buy 4 tons of tomatoes from a german producer, he agrees a price (including transport and tariff charges) and the tomatoes are sent over. No problem. The important question will be: is the price the british business wants to sell the tomatoes for competitive with tomatoes produced in the UK?
But doing business with a german producer, in itself, is not the problem.
I understand fine well the consequences of trading with wherever, I remember fine well life in the UK before the toxic EU. Overall the EU membership has cost us dear on many levels.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Xandra ->
Is it true that it's to be named the Farage Garage?
Twitter nonsense, dubbed by LBC broadcaster James O’Brien, they clashed a few times on air.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 08:02 PM

The M25
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 08:04 PM

And that Nigel Fromage had better make himself scarce.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I understand fine well the consequences of trading with wherever, I remember fine well life in the UK before the toxic EU. Overall the EU membership has cost us dear on many levels.
You sound a bit soured, old pickle. In a few years time the EU will be forgotten.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
The M25
Make it one way with only one exit at the Chunnel.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top