Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 05:13 PM

Re: The Blame Game

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
When I pay for anything up to 50 grand a year for my care Home, I'll be expecting the Care Home to manage it.

Or am I missing something?

Maybe we should call them "No Care Here Homes"?
Right on the nail Ted!
These were 90% privately owned care homes?
Surely they should have taken more care?
If the owners didnt have the necassary knowledge or training then
they should have employed someone who was!!

Donkeyman! 👎👎👎
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 05:53 PM

When I pay for anything up to 50 grand a year for my care Home, I'll be expecting the Care Home to manage it.

Or am I missing something?
You're missing something .....

Coronavirus: What guidance did care homes get from the government?

7 July 2020

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52674073

Care home providers have criticised Boris Johnson after he said "too many care homes didn't really follow the procedures in the way that they could have" during the coronavirus pandemic.

At least 20,000 care home residents in England and Wales have died from Covid-19 since the start of the outbreak.

Vic Rayner, executive director of the National Care Forum, described the prime minister's comments as "neither accurate nor welcome" and said government guidance to the sector had come "in stops and starts, with organisations grappling with over 100 pieces of additional guidance".

There are an estimated 14,000 care homes in England. Most are privately run, but are regulated by national bodies and would typically act on advice from central as well as local government.
Care homes were given inadequate, sometimes incorrect, advice and were at the end of the queue for equipment, while, in the meantime, care home residents in hospitals were being ejected back to care homes but without being tested:

Moving patients from hospitals to care homes

On 19 March, NHS guidance said that "unless required to be in hospital, patients must not remain in an NHS bed".
This policy was implemented to free up beds in advance of an expected surge in coronavirus patients.

On 2 April, the rules on discharging to care homes were clarified, saying "negative [coronavirus] tests are not required prior to transfers/admissions into the care home".

Even elderly patients who tested positive could be admitted to care homes, according to the document, if measures - such as wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) and isolation - were used.

From 15 April, the government said that all patients discharged from hospitals would be tested for coronavirus.

By this date, over 28,116 elderly patients had been moved from hospitals to care homes in England but there are no statistics to show how many cases of coronavirus were transmitted this way.

Up to this point more than 5,700 care home residents had died in England and Wales (either in homes or in hospital).

On 15 April, the social care action plan was launched, as care home deaths in England were peaking at around 400 day. This included a pledge to test all care staff who needed one, for example if they were in a household that was self-isolating.

At that point, just 1,000 care staff had been tested out of an estimated 500,000 who work in care homes.
A shocking disregard by the government for the elderly in care in order to claim that the NHS was receiving its' requirement of resources to meet the pandemic .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Right on the nail Ted!
These were 90% privately owned care homes?
Surely they should have taken more care?
If the owners didnt have the necassary knowledge or training then
they should have employed someone who was!!

Donkeyman! 👎👎👎

You are under-informed .....

See:

Coronavirus: Almost 30,000 'excess' care homes deaths

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=69024
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
You are under-informed .....

See:

Coronavirus: Almost 30,000 'excess' care homes deaths

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=69024
Thanks for quoting Rayner, this topic is, certainly, called the Blame Game and I would have expected the chairman of the Care Home Forum to be in the blame game! He's obviously going to be unbiassed!

("Vic Rayner, executive director of the National Care Forum")

After all, if he doesn't blame the government, his sponsors have to take the rap!

Who else did you quote?

Oh Yes, The BBC.

nuff said!

Anyway, I already said my piece in the other Care Home Topic. (Minimum wage staff, trained?, profit driven? Medical skills?, purchase of PPE??)

As others have said "Hindsight is a useful attribute".
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

23-07-2020, 07:20 PM

Thanks for quoting Rayner, this topic is, certainly, called the Blame Game and I would have expected the chairman of the Care Home Forum to be in the blame game! He's obviously going to be unbiassed!

("Vic Rayner, executive director of the National Care Forum")

After all, if he doesn't blame the government, his sponsors have to take the rap!

Who else did you quote?

Oh Yes, The BBC.

nuff said!

Anyway, I already said my piece in the other Care Home Topic. (Minimum wage staff, trained?, profit driven? Medical skills?, purchase of PPE??)

As others have said "Hindsight is a useful attribute".
It's a pity for the dead that Boris John's incompetent government didn't have foresight ..... as it was, they stumbled from one shambles to another leaving the dead behind them .....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
It's a pity for the dead that Boris John's incompetent government didn't have foresight ..... as it was, they stumbled from one shambles to another leaving the dead behind them .....
And which Countries did have this foresight?

Were there some major countries who didn't have deaths?

That's me done!

Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Shame you weren't in charge then eh Omah....
Boris will probably be in charge when a second wave hits, or even next year when covid-20 will go around. If he would use the findings and analyses about the handling this time, less people will succumb to the disease next time around.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Boris will probably be in charge when a second wave hits, or even next year when covid-20 will go around. If he would use the findings and analyses about the handling this time, less people will succumb to the disease next time around.
Looking back at the history of viruses, the same virus rarely returns the following year for a second go Solasch, otherwise the vaccine we used last year will do for this year; And that never happens does it.....Each year we are called in for a new inoculation for a different virus.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

23-07-2020, 08:47 PM

And which Countries did have this foresight?

Were there some major countries who didn't have deaths?

That's me done!

Every other country in Europe, apart from Belgium (86/1000), has a lower COVID-19 death-rate than the UK (68/1000).

Every other country in Europe has fewer cases than the UK (296,377) - some countries, like Hungary, Albania and Greece have only 4,000 or so - Greece has had only 197 deaths from COVID-19.

Whichever "worst" COVID league-table is chosen, the UK is near the top - worldwide, the UK is only slipping down because North and South America, Russia and India are climbing.

Just a month ago:

Coronavirus: UK hardest hit by virus among leading G7 nations

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53222182

The UK was the hardest hit of all the G7 major industrialised nations in the weeks leading up to early June, according to BBC analysis of the first wave of the coronavirus pandemic.

Analysis also showed that England fared the worst in Europe, just above Spain. The research compared 11-week periods for each nation as the virus hit its peak in each country.

The analysis of Covid-19 deaths and excess deaths - which compared countries in three different ways - showed the UK worse off than the US, Germany, France, Italy, Canada, and Japan.
A separate analysis of European nations, by Oxford University economists, has England just above Spain in terms of the proportion of deaths over and above what would be normal.
It's an appalling indictment of the UK government's response to COVID-19 .....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Looking back at the history of viruses, the same virus rarely returns the following year for a second go Solasch, otherwise the vaccine we used last year will do for this year; And that never happens does it.....Each year we are called in for a new inoculation for a different virus.
Then it certainly makes sense to use the findings from covid 19.
The flu returns every year, in a different but also very similar, strain. The flu jab contains a mix of vaccins for the strains of flu expected (!) to arrive that year.
Covid is probably to return every year, therefore I named it covid-20 in my previous post.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top