Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 05:50 AM

Re: Coronavirus: Transport Secretary Grant Shapps caught up in Spain rule change

Hi

I am so fed up with the whole bunch of them that I would be very happy if the entire UK Cabinet went into self isolation for two weeks.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 06:37 AM

Re: Coronavirus: Transport Secretary Grant Shapps caught up in Spain rule change

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am so fed up with the whole bunch of them that I would be very happy if the entire UK Cabinet went into self isolation for two weeks.

Spot-on.

Shapps is nearly as big an embarrassment to the Tory Party as Chris Grayling proved to be.

And Boris Johnson, exercising his usual sound political judgement, wanted Grayling to be Chair of the Intelligence & Security Committee.

Yikes!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 09:52 AM

More 'none news' ...
''Cabinet minister goes on holiday and falls subject to the quarantine rules..''

Why would anyone think this is newsworthy....

Shock horror, MPs are human beings and go on holiday like much of the population
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Lots of hating going on in this thread
..... and sarcasm from the Tory haters.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 10:14 AM

'Breaking news'

Meg in Worcestershire will not be going on holiday to Spain so will avoid the new quarentine restrictions
Anyone who goes on holiday at this time and uses their common sense will have worked out there is a chance a new spike in infection will result in quarantine restrictions being applied . This being the case they would also be wise to have made sure that they are able to stay at home for 2 weeks and can work from home or take unpaid leave.

I don't want to hear anymore moaning from anyone about the government taking appropriate measures to protect the population from more infection because they themselves failed to use common sense and assess the situation.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Anyone who goes on holiday at this time and uses their common sense will have worked out there is a chance a new spike in infection will result in quarantine restrictions being applied . This being the case they would also be wise to have made sure that they are able to stay at home for 2 weeks and can work from home or take unpaid leave.

I don't want to hear anymore moaning from anyone about the government taking appropriate measures to protect the population from more infection because they themselves failed to use common sense and assess the situation.
Clearly obvious. What would have been useful would have been a reminder to those booking holidays that although there aren't currently quarantine restrictions in place, this could change overnight without warning. It does appear that neither the travel companies nor the government ever issued such a caveat.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 10:32 AM

ATM, it looks like a second wave coming across Europe anyway. Cases on the increase .

If people wish to take a holiday, that's fine IMO,so long as they know they will have to quarantine.

The Government have been blamed for being too slow when it came to lockdown, now they are being blamed for introducing the lates guidelines on foreign travel.

It seems to me, that no matter what Government will do to try to overcome this spread of disease, there's always going to be a section of the population that doesn't agree and they will give ITV, BBC, Sky etc. another 'none news' moan to wind people up .
I wish the media would get a grip , but I suppose these days they're all trying to compete against each other and turning 'the news' into the most boring journalism of all time.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I wish the media would get a grip , but I suppose these days they're all trying to compete against each other and turning 'the news' into the most boring journalism of all time.
I worry for the the media. They've basked in the glory of Brexit and now Covid for the last few years. When things quitened down a bit, they did manage to have a quick poke at climate change and BLM, but it's not the same.

I do hope that they find something else soon to rattle on ad nauseum about. Jobs, a feeling of self importance and endless tittle tattle is at risk.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 10:44 AM

You can apply the distancing at your destination, not so easy on the Plane there and back.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I worry for the the media. They've basked in the glory of Brexit and now Covid for the last few years. When things quitened down a bit, they did manage to have a quick poke at climate change and BLM, but it's not the same.

I do hope that they find something else soon to rattle on ad nauseum about. Jobs, a feeling of self importance and endless tittle tattle is at risk.
You forgot to mention Meghan and Harry.. and of course Andrew. Should keep them occupied a fair bit longer with the drip,drip drip.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top