Join for free
Page 9 of 20 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 09:25 PM

Re: any meet ups or dead site

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I'd just got used to sagazone and it disappeared in a puff of smoke!
What happened? Anyone know?
SZ was good in it's day, but was closed due to a clique of internet bullies. I sometimes wonder where they are now. Lurking?
kismet
southsea uk
kismet is female  kismet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2015, 12:05 AM

I had just joinedit then I had a mail saying it wS closing as there was a lot of real nasty things being said. then sometkme later had mail saying they wdre going to restart and were asking who was interested replied never heard again then someone told me it wzs called 50plus but you had to pay if you wanted to chat et c, then the same perxon said it was this one. thats all I know
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2015, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by kismet ->
I had just joinedit then I had a mail saying it wS closing as there was a lot of real nasty things being said. then sometkme later had mail saying they wdre going to restart and were asking who was interested replied never heard again then someone told me it wzs called 50plus but you had to pay if you wanted to chat et c, then the same perxon said it was this one. thats all I know
That is interesting, Kismet. I found this article which throws light on the subject. It seems to conclude that the bannings and eventual closure of the forum were due to grossly unfair and stiff moderation, but I guess it was more than that. Cynthia Arnold's story is interesting and sad.
What a mess, and not only the forum.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance...-of-criticism/

I googled "did sagazone reopen" if anyone is interested. It led to a wealth of stuff to read. Seems they said it was due to racism and homophobia. Maybe Katie Hopkins was there!!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2015, 05:56 PM

I remember Cynthia. She was lovely and I cannot even begin to imagine why she would banned, whilst other members got away with murder! They were just rotten to the core. No wonder it closed down. What a waste though as there were lots of nice members.

You have to laugh at how ridiculous it is. It was over 50's, some of who acted like over 5's
kismet
southsea uk
kismet is female  kismet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2015, 07:17 PM

That is interesting, Kismet. I found this article which throws light on the subject. It seems to conclude that the bannings and eventual closure of the forum were due to grossly unfair and stiff moderation, but I guess it was more than that. Cynthia Arnold's story is interesting and sad.
What a mess, and not only the forum.

I googled "did sagazone reopen" if anyone is interested. It led to a wealth of stuff to read. Seems they said it was due to racism and homophobia. Maybe Katie Hopkins was there!!
is there a link to cynthias story
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2015, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by kismet ->
is there a link to cynthias story
Para 4 onwards is Cynthia...

kismet
southsea uk

21-04-2015, 12:16 AM

Para 4 onwards is Cynthia...

my goodness just read the whole lot. often wondered
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

21-04-2015, 06:48 PM

Cynthia has now moved on again and met someone and is very happy. She probably doesn't even want to think of SZ now. Life goes on.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 10:23 PM

Who is Cynthia?, a site I was on had an Amy Thist.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

23-04-2015, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Who is Cynthia?, a site I was on had an Amy Thist.
Cynthia was a lovely woman on SZ. She's a friend of my friend on FB.

Page 9 of 20 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top