Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2016, 11:46 AM

We were working..........

Why do `cold callers` still use that old line?. We were working just down the road and I noticed your house is about to fall down would you like a free estimate?

I`m a sarcastic sod at the best of times but so help me one day I will reply `Aha so you noticed that thermonuclear device sticking out of my chimney? Yes I really should move it.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2016, 11:56 AM

Re: We were working..........

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Why do `cold callers` still use that old line?. We were working just down the road and I noticed your house is about to fall down would you like a free estimate?

I`m a sarcastic sod at the best of times but so help me one day I will reply `Aha so you noticed that thermonuclear device sticking out of my chimney? Yes I really should move it.
I love the ones who ask me if I want double glazing. Once, I offered them my glasses and said "take a look around!" Dimwits. Okay, it's a job, but a modicum of common sense sometimes wouldn't go amiss.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2016, 12:00 PM

@ Stephan ..

I had the cold call to end all cold calls the other day. I answered the phone (because I was expecting a call) and an automated response said 'Goodbye'
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2016, 12:03 PM

I agree Floydy.

I had a rather unpleasant one call here Friday, one of those 'foot in the door' types.
I referred him to the notice on the door which says about 'No tradesmen' and cold callers, and he stood there brazenly, juggling piles of books, leaflets and paperwork, insisting he wasn't a tradesman.

I asked him to leave and he really glared at me and made me feel very uncomfortable, so I just shut the door in his face, and locked it.
He stomped off like a spoilt brat, deliberately leaving my gate wide open.

I looked outside for his vehicle to see if there was a firm's name I could ring and complain about this salesman, but there was no vehicle in sight.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2016, 12:10 PM

Where I live is just down the road from `waiting for God land` Mostly bungalows and,at 63,I am considered one of a younger residents. These people prey on those of a certain age.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2016, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Where I live is just down the road from `waiting for God land` Mostly bungalows and,at 63,I am considered one of a younger residents. These people prey on those of a certain age.

Yes, I am sure you are right OG. I watched that bloke walk down the road, and he avoided all the big houses, and was only knocking at the older people's bungalows.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2016, 12:42 PM

When they ring my doorbell or phone me, they wish they hadn't.
Cheeky bloke said your double glazing is old and need replacing.
I told him that it was better than the crap you want to sell me.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2016, 12:47 PM

Some or these 'cold callers' can be of use.

How many of you actually take notice of your property's external condition?
How many know if your roof is OK?

We had a call from a client asking us to check their chimney as a cold caller had noted the condition of the brickwork/pointing was poor.

We went to inspect and found it to be dangerous both in condition and functionally.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2016, 12:50 PM

Those clean cut young American boys in suits are the most annoying, quoting passages from their Happiness Bibles. It's hard to tell them to "Get orrrff my laaaand!", so it's a polite "No thank you" and they smile and say "Have a nice day". No problem with them really.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

13-11-2016, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Some or these 'cold callers' can be of use.

How many of you actually take notice of your property's external condition?
How many know if your roof is OK?

We had a call from a client asking us to check their chimney as a cold caller had noted the condition of the brickwork/pointing was poor.

We went to inspect and found it to be dangerous both in condition and functionally.

Fair comment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top