Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 03:56 PM

Re: Stubborn burnt grease

Lakeland sell a great oven cleaner which can also be used on wire racks and roasting pans. Other makes are available.

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/4972/Oven-...s-Cleaning-Kit
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Hmmmm..... I've been thinking

When I moved into this flat about 4 years ago I had to buy everything for the kitchen, and also new carpets, so I just bought a cheap cooker
there are a couple of other things I don't like about it, so I might just replace it with a cooker that has a decent grill, and a ceramic or induction hob, or whatever they're called

Any comments? thanks
ZD if you go for an induction hob bear in mind you might need to change all your pans too . You need special pans and they tend to be more expensive .

Ceramic hobs are easy to clean, I use Hob bright but the best thing is to wipe up spils instantly.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 04:42 PM

Just to add that with an induction hob you may find as we did, that a lot of your pans are ok.
All you have to do is the magnet test...see if a magnet sticks to the bottom of the pan, if it does then it's fine to use with the induction hob.
My favourite casserole pot is 30 years old and it's ok!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Hmmmm..... I've been thinking

When I moved into this flat about 4 years ago I had to buy everything for the kitchen, and also new carpets, so I just bought a cheap cooker
there are a couple of other things I don't like about it, so I might just replace it with a cooker that has a decent grill, and a ceramic or induction hob, or whatever they're called

Any comments? thanks
Chuck the old one out you will find a ceramic topped one faster and easier to clean .Just dont drop anything heavy on it .
I believe induction hobs are really good my friend has one (but I haven't any experience with them.) as people have mentioned you may have to invest in new pans.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top