Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 10:39 PM

Re: Massacre at Ballymurphy

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
We are all driving around in Japanese and German cars despite the atrocities they committed on us in the war.
nope we've still got our aussie cars - dinkydi ozzies - great motors handles the bush and the tyranny of distance well - thought you had rolls royces? and bentleys and morris minors and minis still?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 10:40 PM

Just because we like Indian food it's doesn't mean we should allow unlimited immigration from that continent .
We also eat Italian food and Chinese food and indeed many other sorts of food .
Sorry Muddy, I had a thought process somewhere but forgot what it was so you'll note that I deleted my post
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
nope we've still got our aussie cars - dinkydi ozzies - great motors handles the bush and the tyranny of distance well - thought you had rolls royces? and bentleys and morris minors and minis still?

Well you know what thought did......
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Fair enough and thanks for replying. It was just a point of order with no other hidden agenda
Thanks Dextrous. I won't even pretend I know a lot about current affairs, only what I glean from the media. I certainly wasn't ofay with the Limitation Act so I thank you for that information. I will always put my hand up when corrected.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 01:26 PM

We are all driving around in Japanese and German cars despite the atrocities they committed on us in the war.
I'm not, one was made in Luton and the other in Spain.
Just checked my Mondeo was actually made in Belgium not Spain.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
If these people died in a fire fight, there is room for doubt, however, these people were murdered by snipers and then allowed to bleed to death, because anyone attempting to help and treat the injured, also became a target and were themselves shot and killed.

If any of these shootings had involved members of your family, notwithstanding the passage of time, wouldn't you want 'justice'???
I would want justice if someone in my family was one of the hundreds of innocent civilians killed by the IRA since the 50's.

It has always been tit for tat and this thread, dragging it all up is Tit for Twat.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 04:02 PM

My feelings exactly.
Many people suffered ... on both sides. If both sides are to resolve a problem they have to meet halfway, without reignited anger, justified or not.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 05:24 PM

Well it has not stopped me from going to Germany and seeing the Berlin wall or going next year to Japan. Come to that not stopping me from owning 2 Japanese cars.

if we bore a grudge against every country we have ever fought that would only leave us to having UK holidays
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
if we bore a grudge against every country we have ever fought that would only leave us to having UK holidays
That doesn't go far enough. Gotta go back at least a thousand years and consider higher population densities of descendants of other invading countries.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would want justice if someone in my family was one of the hundreds of innocent civilians killed by the IRA since the 50's.

It has always been tit for tat and this thread, dragging it all up is Tit for Twat.
Exactly.
Why do people always dredge up the past?

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top