Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 05:35 PM

Words you don't like - nothing blasphemous

For me some words just don't look right or sound wrong.

Unusable, misshap, unmistaken and unmissable - I'm sure there are others but I can't think of any more.
Unreal is another
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 05:42 PM

Re: Words you don't like - nothing blasphemous

Awesome... makes me growl Grrrrrr..... what a stupid word
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 05:51 PM

These may not be related to what you mean Janella, but they annoy me and thanks for the chance to get them off my chest.
Outside the box, No brainer, Company policy, Uncool, and referring to a man and a woman, "Are they a Unit?", sounds like a piece of furniture. That's my pet one, I really hate that one.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 06:02 PM

They are fine Jimmy..I should have put words and phrases.
Uncool is another for me - stick an 'un' in front of any word and it becomes fashionable.
Do you think I should have put this in the grumpy corner? Or is it ungrumpy?
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 06:09 PM

"Have a nice day" annoys me although I do have a bad habit of saying and finishing things off with "take care" - which is commonly said up here! Don't like awesome, cool, either!

Interesting thread and thanks for sharing

Take care
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
They are fine Jimmy..I should have put words and phrases.
Uncool is another for me - stick an 'un' in front of any word and it becomes fashionable.
Do you think I should have put this in the grumpy corner? Or is it ungrumpy?
giggle...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 06:15 PM

I can never remember how to spell the word meaning sixty seconds. When I write it I worry have I got the correct one or is that a dance . it always looks wrong when I write it.

Also writing cooperation which sounds like repairing a chicken hutch
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 06:17 PM

For us - its, 'Cheap at half the price' and 'pushing the envelope'.. Theres got to be more on the way...
Oh - you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear !
Well - why would I try... Dont like that one..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

17-02-2013, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I can never remember how to spell the word meaning sixty seconds. When I write it I worry have I got the correct one or is that a dance . it always looks wrong when I write it.

Also writing cooperation which sounds like repairing a chicken hutch
Took a few seconds - but I'm with you now Meg, 'minute' 60 seconds or very small, irritating when words have more than one meaning...
cooperation -....giggle
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 06:33 PM

I don't suppose we can slag off that much, remember all the hippy stuff, "Freak out man" "Make love not war" "Cosmic" etc., one hippy who used to sit at the same workbench as me, every Monday morning when he sat down to work he would be in bits after a concert somewhere in a field over the weekend, God only knows what he was on, he used to make me laugh when he'd start taking Aspro's and say "I gotta defreak myself man, yes defreak rapidly".

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top