Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2013, 01:44 PM

Abusers

STUART HALL - Has admitted many cases of abuse of girls aged 9 to 17 in court today ... If Jimmy saville had not come under scrutiny - others may have sat 'easy' but, at last, they will have to answer and be shamed. Another one is Roach - a long time ago, as with the others, but if he's guilty, he too should face the consequences of his 'weak' actions. There was enough evidence to charge him...
I have absolute praise for the victims concerned ... I just wish peace for them, will come in time...
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2013, 03:12 PM

Re: Abusers

I would agree if it hadn't been the same girl TWICE, in the Roach case.
We must remember this was 50 years ago, how on earth are they going to make it stick against Roach, a fifteen year old dolled up can look well past the age of consent.
I am not making any excuse for him, but his barrister will surely highlight this.
I still question that not one ordinary man in the street has been investigated, why I ask myself.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2013, 03:20 PM

It's all such a mess isn't it. I just hope in the other cases they are not judged by todays standards, what happened all those years ago was not nice but it was of the time and cannot be judged by what we do today.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2013, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I would agree if it hadn't been the same girl TWICE, in the Roach case.
We must remember this was 50 years ago, how on earth are they going to make it stick against Roach, a fifteen year old dolled up can look well past the age of consent.
I am not making any excuse for him, but his barrister will surely highlight this.
I still question that not one ordinary man in the street has been investigated, why I ask myself.
We dont know if he is 'guilty' - if he is - what difference does it make how long ago !
Stuart Hall 'is' guilty, shall we just let him on his way then...
There have been plenty of 'men in the street' arrested for these type of offences
Are you saying if Roach had an accomplice, say a plumber, it would be more believable ..
As for Saville - his pals were in the 'business'...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

02-05-2013, 06:29 PM

Stuart Hall - O'h how he did protest his innocence when first arrested, called the charges 'callous'.... singing a different tune today...
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2013, 06:44 PM

I will never condone or forgive rape, either way, but how after 50 years can we really know for sure?
The young lady might have consented to sex, but an age is never mentioned, folks don't go round asking for birth certificates before sex.
But let the courts sort it out, but I can't help thinking it is stacked up against men with money.
I bet there are many men out there shaking in there shoes, but it seems to be all celebrities with money.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2013, 06:49 PM

At least Stuart Hall was man enough to plead guilty, even if somewhat belatedly. You just know that their initial reaction is to deny it all so it doesn't tell you if they are guilty or not.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

02-05-2013, 06:52 PM

Yes the 'untouchables'.....
Stuart Hall has admitted 'all' the allegations now...
As for Roach - I think he would know the difference between a woman and a 15 year old - I could easily.... I have no judgement on him - till the facts are laid out...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

02-05-2013, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
At least Stuart Hall was man enough to plead guilty, even if somewhat belatedly. You just know that their initial reaction is to deny it all so it doesn't tell you if they are guilty or not.
Its their first response - until they can no longer deny it...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2013, 08:01 PM

I really did like that Stuart Hall chap until all this stuff came out. I too have the greatest admiration for the victims who came forward against all the odds, Hall pleaded guilty in the end, wonder what made him change his mind at the last minute, remorse? or the hope of a lighter sentence?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top