Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

04-05-2013, 01:31 AM

Re: Sex with consent?

what 1500's?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2013, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
what 1500's?
No... 1960s from memory
mindbender
mindbender is male 

04-05-2013, 01:39 AM

and a few other unanswered questions - for the Christians on here mainly:

1.is God male or female?

2.Why did God pick a man to represent him on earth and on the cross and not a woman. If Christ was God manifested on earth - couldn't he have been a woman instead? - or was he/she just following social norms of the day.

3.why were woman required to cover their heads with a scarf in biblical times?

4. why did Christ pick 12 males for disciples and not females?

5. why did Christ have no sisters?

6. why after the death of Christ did only hundreds of male disciples go out to start new churches all over the globe and not women?

7. Is the sex act just for making babies or having fun?

I think you've got a point there Bruce!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2013, 01:45 AM

and a few other unanswered questions - for the Christians on here mainly:

3.why were woman required to cover their heads with a scarf in biblical times?
Again it is not that long ago that a woman would never dream of going to church without wearing a hat or scarf.
mindbender
mindbender is male 

04-05-2013, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Again it is not that long ago that a woman would never dream of going to church without wearing a hat or scarf.
exactly I think we are getting somewhere here Bruce or is that Watson?

but you are right you know - standards have been falling and we didn't even notice!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2013, 03:25 PM

Not really sure if these are unanswered questions for many people and I don't see why they should be mainly for the Chrisians on here.

For what they are worth (and I may come to regret posting them) off the top of my head, here are my responses from a female viewpoint:-

and a few other unanswered questions - for the Christians on here mainly: (Why???)

1.is God male or female?

Response
A god can be male or female

2.Why did God pick a man to represent him on earth and on the cross and not a woman. If Christ was God manifested on earth - couldn't he have been a woman instead? - or was he/she just following social norms of the day.

Response
Could have been a female if it had been a female dominated world at the time the bible was written. The bible was supposedly written by the men - the dominant sex (not god or women) and was conceived at a time when the part of the world it historically relates to was male dominated. Women were largely regarded as chattles (could even be bought and sold) - so yes the answer is because it was the socially accepted norm of the day - male orientated - men were in control, were more powerful politically and socially as well as physically and they had the voices - not the women

3.why were woman required to cover their heads with a scarf in biblical times

Response
A a symbol of modesty, submission and obedience to god and men (and according to men, who were in charge, god was supposed to be a male) in a male dominated world

4. why did Christ pick 12 males for disciples and not females?

Response
The answer lies in the response given in (2)

5. why did Christ have no sisters?

Response
This bibliical person called Christ/Jesus was supposedly conceived by means of immaculate conception and through a virgin mother. The bible doesn't say anything about a sister being born this way. I do not believe the bible is an acccurate account of history and I don't believe in immaculate conception either - but I think the story of the birth of Jesus is meant to be symbolic - and the idea of an immaculate conception was used to illustrate that the person called Jesus, although a "mortal" man, was different in that the bible says he was the son of god, sent from this person who is named as god as a messiah, to convey a message and leave a lesson to the world that we should take heed of, an example if you like which god asks us to try to live our lives by.

6. why after the death of Christ did only hundreds of male disciples go out to start new churches all over the globe and not women?

Response
Same response to answer (2) applies again

7. Is the sex act just for making babies or having fun?

Response
When thinking of human beings - both +. For humans and many other animals it is also much more as well. Sex for both reproduction and sexual intimacy serves a vital function in bonding, trust and cementing social groups, hierarchies and alliances.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2013, 03:27 PM

exactly I think we are getting somewhere here Bruce or is that Watson?

but you are right you know - standards have been falling and we didn't even notice!
What's it got to do with standards falling and not noticing ???
January54
New Member!
Christchurch, Dorset
January54 is female 

04-05-2013, 05:39 PM

Don't Catholics use the 'withdrawal method' as a form of contraception? It's not that unusual.

If in this case, she said to him 'yes you can but you must not ejaculate in me' and then he did - then IMHO I would say that it's rape as it is under false pretences.

For the full story you can read the High Court Judgement http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Admin/2013/945.html

He really does appear to be a most unpleasant individual and actually admitted to it later.
mindbender
mindbender is male 

04-05-2013, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Not really sure if these are unanswered questions for many people and I don't see why they should be mainly for the Chrisians on here.

For what they are worth (and I may come to regret posting them) off the top of my head, here are my responses from a female viewpoint:-
first off Aerolor top marks for the only girl in class submitting an answer to the class homework. The rest made silly excuses about too much cooking, needlework and housekeeping!

correct answers

1. Wrong - God is always both male and female

2. We cannot read God's mind - don't ever try to

3. In those days there were lots of bees about which used to get into the long hair of women and cause a terrible din

4. see 2 above

5. He may well have had sisters just not recorded - please do not submit complex un-referenced answers

6. No - women too busy at home

7. well a fanciful and interesting answer but no referenced proof of authenticity -must do better!

3/10 and that is very generous!
mindbender
mindbender is male 

04-05-2013, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by January54 ->
Don't Catholics use the 'withdrawal method' as a form of contraception? It's not that unusual.

If in this case, she said to him 'yes you can but you must not ejaculate in me' and then he did - then IMHO I would say that it's rape as it is under false pretences.

For the full story you can read the High Court Judgement http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Admin/2013/945.html

He really does appear to be a most unpleasant individual and actually admitted to it later.
well yes and no - anyone can use the withdrawal method - it's just when men reach that point of extreme excitement they don't know whether they are coming or going!

he wasn't a catholic so we don't know what method he used but we do know it was Islamic

Islamic women are not allowed by Sharia law to say :you must not ejaculate into me right wrinkly?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top