Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2013, 06:05 PM

Re: No To Polite

Are the police stupid or something? The whole point of just having Polite on the riders' backs is so people will think they're police and slow down - and by and large it works.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Good idea! Tractor drivers are usually pretty good, what really annoys is the cycling "clubs" they travel in groups of about 8+ ride 2-3 abreast and you can't pass them, then drivers behind you get cross.
I'd agree about the tractor drivers, they also tend to pull over here when they can.

Don't get me started on the pack of cycling nuts - horns breaking through the skin on the forehead is quite painful
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Let's be honest about it Karen, the roads were built for horse and carts, and they have kindly let motorists use their roads, so only right that motorists respect the horse rider.
To an extent, I agree with you Wrinkly - what gets my goat is when the respect only seems to go one way! Then the quiet muttering starts, followed by a few quietly spoken mild expletives, then ..... I shan't go on
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 04:33 PM

We wear the yellow vests sometimes when we're out on the clydesdales, not if we're in the woods but if we go through the Town then we do.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top