Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2013, 12:30 PM

Re: Hopscotch - or Graffiti ...

Probably because they're not aware of just whats out there - it takes volunteers like yerself to show them and then wow do they go for it !
Such a shame, parents dont do this ...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2013, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Probably because they're not aware of just whats out there - it takes volunteers like yerself to show them and then wow do they go for it !
Such a shame, parents dont do this ...

Update on the original post. The Chief Constable of Kent was interviewed on our 'local' news last evening and said that the Constable had overstepped the mark and he would be ordered to personally apologise to the child and her parents.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2013, 09:09 AM

Thanks for that UJ ...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2013, 01:18 PM

Even in god's country things go wrong sometimes.

This crossing was painted Rainbow colours for the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras by Sydney Council. Afterwards the State Government decided it confused motorists so it was painted back to black and white. There was a protest about this and a subversive movement grew up putting chalk rainbow crossings everywhere.

According to the news it has taken off overseas too
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

11-05-2013, 03:55 PM

Looks pretty enough - but 'they do go on - and on' dont they !
Has the world gotta revolve around them now.... huh ?
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2013, 05:36 PM

I think they should have flashing coloured lights as wel!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

11-05-2013, 05:39 PM

Thats sure to cause mishaps
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2013, 06:00 PM

Going back to the original comments, I thought the world had truly gone mad when I read the news article! If children are to be encouraged to play, just what are they/not allowed to do? Are the parents to approach the local town hall and ask for permission in future for their children to play in the streets?

When I think what I got up to in my younger days...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2013, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I think they should have flashing coloured lights as wel!

Many years ago, road crossings DID have a coloured flashing light - it was called a belisha crossing.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2013, 06:34 PM

We used to play cards at the corner of the street when we were in our early teens, just pennies and threepence's with the rare tanner, a big pot would be half a dollar as we called it then. When the police came by there was a big scatter leaving every thing behind, money cards and smokes, the coppers just pocketed the lot and walked away, no doubt to put the money in the poor box. We accepted our loss and that was the price you paid for gambling in the street, but this is ridiculous, children playing Piggy Beds?, chalking on the pavement? what about those great big white and yellow paint marks the council make on the roads, ugly looking marks but necessary as is play to children, for God sake let them have their harmless fun.
We lads used to look on in amazement at the skill of the girls playing this ancient game, and of course the 'Skipping' with the rope, we would have loved to have a go but it wouldn't be worth the slagging afterwards. I remember some of the rules, things you couldn't do while in a 'Bed', no inchy, movey, talky, laughy allowed, and the obvious one, no wetting in the bed.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top