Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 12:55 PM

Re: Hopscotch - or Graffiti ...

Originally Posted by maggis ->
Quite a few schools here have banned 'somersaults and handstands' on school grounds in the interests of health and safety ( worried about compo claims) what a mess! and a 5yr old girl's Mum was called and told that her daughter had been refused permission to play on the monkey bars as she wasn't wearing tights and it was a mixed playground and her knickers had been on view, what a horrible world we live in!
A neighbour of mine complained to me about my daughter, who was 4 years old at the time, trying to do handstands in the front courtyard (on a grassed area) and he said he thought it was disgusting! Needless to say, he was told who the disgusting one was - then I launched into a rant at his sick mind before realising the selfish so and so had turned off his hearing aid so didn't hear the rest of my rant
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 12:56 PM

Oh yea - loved that ! Weren't we so bloomin energetic and clever !
EDIT - this refers to skipping ropes Karen !
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by valice ->
We have lots of children living around us, and you hardly ever see one out playing. In my day we would always be out playing unless it was seriously raining.

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Probably why we had a love for life Valice - out there exploring....
Can you imagine our faces if our parents had said 'do you want to sit and watch Saturday Night At The London Paladium with us?' - it would have been 'huh - errr, no, I'm meeting me mates' and giving said parents a look that said they really were unhinged after all
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

12-05-2013, 12:59 PM

Oh yea - loved that ! Weren't we so bloomin energetic and clever !
EDIT - this refers to skipping ropes Karen !
Did you ever play that game Pats 2 girls would stand holding hands with arms outstretched, another girl would stand inbetween their arms, being rocked back and forth whilst chanting 'change the blanket, change the blanket, turn the blanket over' and at the 'turn the blanket over', they'd flip the girl standing there over and back onto her feet? Loved that game. Looking back, you had to have some trust in your friends didn't you!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 01:01 PM

Ah Karen - 'Sunday Night .......' would not miss that ! - loved it Besides, it was on at 8pm, school next day, wouldn't be out then
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

12-05-2013, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Did you ever play that game Pats 2 girls would stand holding hands with arms outstretched, another girl would stand inbetween their arms, being rocked back and forth whilst chanting 'change the blanket, change the blanket, turn the blanket over' and at the 'turn the blanket over', they'd flip the girl standing there over and back onto her feet? Loved that game. Looking back, you had to have some trust in your friends didn't you!
Trust - I'll say
No - that one escaped me - maybe a good thing, thinkin about it
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

12-05-2013, 01:10 PM

Ah Karen - 'Sunday Night .......' would not miss that ! - loved it Besides, it was on at 8pm, school next day, wouldn't be out then
It could have been any time it was on but just the thought of sitting and watching telly with my parents would have been an absolute no-no! I loved them to bits but no way would I have wanted a social evening with them
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

12-05-2013, 01:17 PM

I'd have watched 'Sunday Night....' with GODZILLA !!!
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 01:20 PM

We didn't have TV or telephone till I was about 12 or 13
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

12-05-2013, 01:22 PM

I didn't see much TV and we didn't get the phone till I was 13 - just in time for me ....

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top