Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2013, 02:51 PM

Find this all hard to believe

This is in the Mirror and yes I know I should not believe everything I read but.............................

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...w-sick-1887780

This is dated 27 February so everything he says is just rubbish

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-21594109
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2013, 03:24 PM

Re: Find this all hard to believe

As you say you cannot always believe everything that you read. But...

Its unbelievable with everything else that is going on that someone can make these sort of comments and appear to get away with it. Is he stupid or just insensitive.

I must admit i stopped buying papers about 10 years ago because they were filled with such rubbish.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2013, 04:05 PM

I think we can probably believe it as so many other papers are carrying the same story.

What is unbelievable is he has been elected so other presumedly agree !
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2013, 04:08 PM

This evil misshapen man should be smashed against a wall himself.

Who were the sick people who voted him back?

I see he is off sick at the moment - hope it is incurable... wicked, maybe, but I'm the grandmother of a child with disabilities.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2013, 04:13 PM

If these are to be believed he made the comments then resigned, and apologised. He was voted back in then made the comments again.?????

Janela i agree with you my first thought on seeing the man was that he needed a good slap.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2013, 05:40 PM

He only said it because he'd been 'caught on the wrong day'? On the wrong day, aren't you more likely to say what you think rather than keep those thoughts to yourself? Personally, I'm glad he said it because now, everyone knows what goes through his mind and if he is ever promoted to certain positions, you can be sure that there'll be one almighty backlash about it.

Sadly, it's how Britain is turning out though - unless you are slim, athletic, beautiful, young and academic, then you're a burden on the monetary pot.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2013, 05:57 PM

they aretalking about hin tonight on westcountry news ... there is a police investigastion
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2013, 06:47 PM

I was struck dumb when I saw it which is very unusual. Having worked with children and adults with disabilities of all kinds I know that these people give so much love and pleasure to all around them. They are not judgemental, they don't see people as perfect or imperfect they just see a smile and a helping hand.

This man who should not be called human is the lowest form of life. How dare he make such statements and get away with it, I certainly wish that a few parents of disabled kids could spend a little time with him.

I don't read the papers either but this has been brought up by 38 degrees who want something done about him.

He and the nine men found guilty today of sex crimes against young girls would make a nice a fire and I don't care if that is wicked or not.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2013, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
They are not judgemental, they don't see people as perfect or imperfect they just see a smile and a helping hand.
I only worked with young people with either mental or physical disabilities for a few months but even in that short time, the qualities you have listed is what I saw in them and they enjoyed so many things we did with them (especially swimming sessions which is how I became involved).

To be honest, I think society could actually learn a lot from those people rather than the self-righteous brigade that seem to do most of the spouting of wanting a perfect world.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2013, 08:04 PM

Well said everyone.
I had no idea 38 degrees was involved cate, I'll have a look later.

I wonder what the doctors, nurses, surgeons and all other staff and volunteers at GOSH, think of this evil b......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top