Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 01:43 PM

Perfect casting?

Have you ever watched a TV show and thought, 'that man/woman is perfect for that part? We recently started watching an American drama on one of the Sky channels, Almost Human, futurist police drama where each policeman is accompanied by a 'robotic' partner. This one though is slightly different in that he has what is referred to as a Synthetic Soul, and is able to learn and adapt etc. the young guy who plays this robot is just perfect. Brilliant bit of casting.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 01:52 PM

Re: Perfect casting?

Yes - casting makes all the difference, usually the TV movies provide the best actors ......
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Have you ever watched a TV show and thought, 'that man/woman is perfect for that part? We recently started watching an American drama on one of the Sky channels, Almost Human, futurist police drama where each policeman is accompanied by a 'robotic' partner. This one though is slightly different in that he has what is referred to as a Synthetic Soul, and is able to learn and adapt etc. the young guy who plays this robot is just perfect. Brilliant bit of casting.
I really wanted to watch that series so my wife recorded it but the first episode we recorded had no subtitles so I couldn't follow it all!
I'm very dependent on subtitles now but they are getting worse IMHO. stevmk2
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 02:16 PM

I think the cast of "Everybody Loves Raymond" are so believable, they're all perfect for their roles. I think that's what makes a good series!
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I really wanted to watch that series so my wife recorded it but the first episode we recorded had no subtitles so I couldn't follow it all!
I'm very dependent on subtitles now but they are getting worse IMHO. stevmk2
I think you will find that subtitles are not available on programmes that have been recorded, but, it might be worth trying to set up the sub titles service before recording, if it is possible.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I think the cast of "Everybody Loves Raymond" are so believable, they're all perfect for their roles. I think that's what makes a good series!
Yes love them they really suit their parts, going back a bit now but I always thought Poldark was pretty well cast too !
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes love them they really suit their parts, going back a bit now but I always thought Poldark was pretty well cast too !
Yes - and The Forsyte Saga, the first time round, I'm going back further, I think!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 08:51 PM

The new Forsyte Saga has odd casting!
But the all time great has to be "Only Fools and Horses" unless of course you can think of one!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
The new Forsyte Saga has odd casting!
But the all time great has to be "Only Fools and Horses" unless of course you can think of one!
Gor blimey, love a duck, you took the words right out of my mouth! Brilliant cast, all round.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 09:06 PM

Does anyone remember My Hero? First starred Ardal O'Hanlan as the husband who turns into a super hero (it was a comedy) and only his wife knew. Then he left and the part went to James Dreyfus. What a mistaka to maka!!! Though brilliant in Gimme Gimme Gimme (another fab cast all round) he was totally wrong in MH.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top