Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 03:39 PM

Re: Please Help Me Get To The Bottom Of This!

Originally Posted by Marj ->
Yes that is the worst part and the 3 day diet before hand, especially when they say don't eat any fruit or vegetables and I am vegetarian !!!

The first laxative and 3 day diet didn't work, they gave me one that equated to 16 glasses of liquid in 4 hours which I threw up after the 12th glass then at a later date I had it all to go through again but with Picolax 2 glasses one in the morning one 4 in the afternoon.
Blimey Marj.
And all that is BEFORE the procedure.
My Wife just said as she cuddled me...

Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 03:43 PM

You will be fine. just take a cork for on the way home
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
You will be fine. just take a cork for on the way home

Aaawwww Thank you Marj.
You have just cheered me up no End!

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 11:18 PM

You may not get laxatives if they're going to give you an enema at the hospital. It's not a pleasant procedure but it doesn't hurt. It's quite interesting if you get to look at the screen.
Don't worry lots of people have it done. Just a bit embarrassing.
Word of advice don't let the person taking you get lost on the way home! My daughter did and I ended up begging to use the loo in the dirtiest garage you ever saw!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

23-11-2015, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
You may not get laxatives if they're going to give you an enema at the hospital. It's not a pleasant procedure but it doesn't hurt. It's quite interesting if you get to look at the screen.
Don't worry lots of people have it done. Just a bit embarrassing.
Word of advice don't let the person taking you get lost on the way home! My daughter did and I ended up begging to use the loo in the dirtiest garage you ever saw!
Thank you for all your great advice there TessA, and I will keep that in mind. I haven't heard anything yet about when this will be done, but when I do I will say on here.
Thanks again.

Kenny
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 10:51 AM

I had a barium enema in 2003, Boosecruiser, for the same reason as you - blood in my faeces. It was uncomfortable rather than painful. They explained each step along the way and allowed me to watch the screen - which was surprisingly interesting. The worst bit - as others have said - is the wind afterward. They inflate the colon with air during the procedure so, naturally, this has to reappear at some point. I had severe abdominal cramps and could not possible have driven home - so do make sure Mrs B or someone is with you!

Mine turned out to be nothing more sinister than a haemorrhoid high up the colon which had become infected. It was quite small so did not warrant surgery - just a more careful watch on my diet for a while.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 11:03 AM

I hope you get good results Bc! Best to get it checked out.
I urge everyone who gets a poop test kit in the post to send it back too.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

23-11-2015, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I hope you get good results Bc! Best to get it checked out.
I urge everyone who gets a poop test kit in the post to send it back too.
Thank you for your continued input and advice there folks.
But YES, please do what TessA says there.
It ain't the nicest job in the world, BUT, it could just save your life!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

23-11-2015, 01:51 PM

Very true! My sister wouldn't have known she had bowel cancer if she hadn't done the test, she had no symptoms.
tomtwodogs
Lynmouth U.K.
tomtwodogs is male  tomtwodogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2016, 05:29 AM

Good luck with your procedure mate, you certainly have the right spirit, well done !

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top