Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2016, 12:36 AM

Re: Insect Bites

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Hmmmm ... unsure about that.

I once came in from the garden feeling that someting was biting me ... took off all my clothes and found a bee inside my shirt !

I have, in the past, worn thick denim jeans, socks and wellies so OH and I could enjoy an evening sitting in the garden.
Probably not a pretty sight

Eeeeeeeeek ... blinkin mosquito managed to stick its probe right through my jeans and into my knee.
OUCH !

Look at this. The little blighters even know what blood group we are! They also like the taste of pregnant women - NO I'm not -

Blood type
It’s all about the blood for mosquitoes; well that and nectar. Adult mosquitoes survive on nectar for nourishment, but females rely on the protein in our blood for the production of eggs. So it’s little surprise that some blood types may be more desirable than others. Research has found, in fact, that people with Type O blood are found to be twice as attractive to mosquitoes than those with Type A blood; Type B people were in the middle. In addition, 85 percent of people produce a secretion that signals what blood type they are; mosquitoes are drawn to those 85 percent more than the non-secretors, regardless of blood type.

I used to get bitten ever so bad a few years ago when I was near my pond in the evening. Had to go docs with one bite that went hard and poisonous.

I guess some of us are just tastier than others - it's a cross we have to bear.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 12:03 AM

All calming down at last (touch wood).
Have been quite a lot more comfortable today and expect a better nights sleep tonight hopefully.
Never did find out what got me, but I hope it over fed and got belly ache!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 10:42 PM

Good to hear it ... else I was going to ask how Your Itchiness was doing today
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-09-2016, 10:43 PM

Your Itchiness is alot better now, thanks Morti.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 10:48 PM

You're too tasty for your own good.

Next time in the garden, remember .. wear full spacesuit and helmet.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-09-2016, 11:07 PM

Yes. I've learnt to keep me trousers on anyway!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

21-09-2016, 11:09 PM

Mups the mind boggles.
When cleaning I used to get bitten by fleas in a house I did, it was the flippin Managing directors house too! I used to tuck my jean legs in big socks and even considered wearing bicycle clips.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2016, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Mups the mind boggles.
When cleaning I used to get bitten by fleas in a house I did, it was the flippin Managing directors house too! I used to tuck my jean legs in big socks and even considered wearing bicycle clips.
A wise move Morty! Apparently fleas find it more difficult to move around human bodies, owing to the lack of hair, so they tend to jump on, have a nibble and then leave....... hence lower legs and ankles are the places they will most likely bite you.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top