Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 11:00 AM

Pain pen V Tens device

Specifically for back ache sciatica related. A long term problem but intermittent.

Co-codomal and Ibuprofen a fairly useless, so does anyone use one of these devices to relieve back pain. ?

Sorry for all the health related issues, im falling to bits.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 11:43 AM

Re: Pain pen V Tens device

Nom, if you are suffering so much you can ask for advice on here, but much of what we say will be useless because we only know the symptoms, not the cause. I am not suggesting that you tell us the cause, but I am saying that, if you are feeling so bad, book a long appointment with you doctor to discuss all the problems.
We all wish you well and our advice may give you some ideas on what to discuss with your doctor, but with all your recent problems I really feel that you should seek professional advice too.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 11:57 AM

Twink damage was caused back in the 70`s, Judo accident later followed by work accident. Its been explained as a tear in the muscle that when it goes allows the nerve to become trapped. Its residual scar tissue that goes. It can be dreadfully painful, i had an appalling nights sleep.

Its not helped by my current state due too loss of muscle tone. GP`s normal advice was take these lye flat on your back for two weeks.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Twink damage was caused back in the 70`s, Judo accident later followed by work accident. Its been explained as a tear in the muscle that when it goes allows the nerve to become trapped. Its residual scar tissue that goes. It can be dreadfully painful, i had an appalling nights sleep.

Its not helped by my current state due too loss of muscle tone. GP`s normal advice was take these lye flat on your back for two weeks.
Poor you! There is little they can do for trapped nerves, but I would ask how is it possible for somebody who lives alone to lie on their back for 2 weeks!
I am unable to manouever to be able to cut my toe nails so I asked if a podiatrist could do the for me when needed. Being diabetic they were unable to refuse for fear of me cutting and getting an infection in my toes. Just ask the doc what alternatives he can offer to help relieve your pain because, if you don't ask you don't get.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 01:25 PM

It would be nigh on impossible to use a pain pen on your own back.

I have one of these, and would not be able to reach my own back, it is quite useful for arms, legs and shoulders. You must not use it on certain parts of the neck though because of arteries. Instructions with it explains all.

Personaly, I would ask the GP for a physio referral or acupuncture referral.

https://www.paingone.com/?gclid=CIa4...FcaVGwodMrsA8Q
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

19-09-2016, 04:29 PM

Twink that was back in the 70`s and was standard practice. . Also had one of them wimmin things for menial chores like beer fetching and saying poor thing let me soothe your brow.

I did wonder about the button on the pen Mups, my plan would be hold it against the wall and reverse onto it.

However just bought a Tens machine, currently sitting with two pads stuck on my lower back and its tingling away, just needed some immediate relief from the pain, so i will report how success it is.

Only downside is the gel pads are expensive so i hope to re-use them a few times.

I will investigate the acupuncture route, falling to bits is proving expensive.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Twink that was back in the 70`s and was standard practice. . Also had one of them wimmin things for menial chores like beer fetching and saying poor thing let me soothe your brow.

I did wonder about the button on the pen Mups, my plan would be hold it against the wall and reverse onto it.

However just bought a Tens machine, currently sitting with two pads stuck on my lower back and its tingling away, just needed some immediate relief from the pain, so i will report how success it is.

Only downside is the gel pads are expensive so i hope to re-use them a few times.

I will investigate the acupuncture route, falling to bits is proving expensive.

Don't waste your money, it won't work that way.
There is a metal band round the pen which you have to hold and make contact with. By trying it your way you wouldn't be able to do that. You might be able to see the band I'm on about on the link picture.

Also, you have to click it 30 or even 40 times, which would be nigh impossible by leaning against it I'd have thought.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

19-09-2016, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Don't waste your money, it won't work that way.
There is a metal band round the pen which you have to hold and make contact with. By trying it your way you wouldn't be able to do that. You might be able to see the band I'm on about on the link picture.

Also, you have to click it 30 or even 40 times, which would be nigh impossible by leaning against it I'd have thought.
Thanks did not realise that, i would not be able to achieve that.

Just finished my first Tens session at low rate, and its certainly eased, will see how long the effect lasts.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

19-09-2016, 04:42 PM

Good. Any relief must be a blessing.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

20-09-2016, 02:34 PM

Well ive been using it for a day now. It works for a period and so i get relief from pain for a while, it has settings for pain relief and massage, but seems a tad temperamental.

however the back pain is extreme, so i guess it would be more effective on minor aches and pain, its small and portable so i can attach the pads and clip the device when im out and about which will be useful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top