Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 01:26 PM

Re: No deaths from Vitamins.

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Twinkle, Nom asked a question and I replied what on earth do you see wrong in that ?
Nothing, apart from your implication that the thread was rubbish.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Looks like you are just trying to stir up trouble....I am not playing, please leave me alone.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Looks like you are just trying to stir up trouble....I am not playing, please leave me alone.
Who me ?

Can we take a poll in that.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Sorry off topic but I wonder if there can ever be a thread everyone loves, I tend not to post in ones don't interest me, most of us do that. No need to rubbish a thread just ignore it.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Sorry off topic but I wonder if there can ever be a thread everyone loves, I tend not to post in ones don't interest me, most of us do that. No need to rubbish a thread just ignore it.
I quite agree Julie, my first post on the thread was an attempt at humour that was pounced on....ah well Mea Culpa !
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 01:57 PM

Malcolm ..you crusty old crab, you've gone and done it again haven't you

So .. why did gorilla shit spring to mind? Was it some kind of deep seated repressive trauma struggling to the surface?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

21-09-2016, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Malcolm ..you crusty old crab, you've gone and done it again haven't you

So .. why did gorilla shit spring to mind? Was it some kind of deep seated repressive trauma struggling to the surface?
I had just read it in my latest James Lee Burke novel and thought it was very funny ... So I though I would share it with my many friends here on OFF.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 02:40 PM

The "powers that be", controlled as they are by Big Pharma and other corporate bodies, will endlessly play down the effectiveness of vitamins and do their level best to frighten people into taking doses that are so small as to be pointless.

The classic is Vitamin C.

The propaganda says:

"There's no evidence that it helps you at all"
"The dailiy dose should be 60mg"
"You will pee out anything above this so it is a waste"

The savvy people know that:

"Vitamin C is massively helpful for all manner of things"
"You need to take GRAMS of it to have decent effect like multiple 1000mg capsules per day"
"If you pee out what you don't use, frankly who cares?"

Be responsible for your own health. Research everything.
callistra
london uk
callistra is female  callistra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 02:59 PM

As regards herbal supplements and various vitamin/mineral combinations. I think it depends on common sense and taking such things responsibly and being fully informed. Indeed some vitamins can have side effects if taken to excess, so can too much potassium or magnesium. Various herbs can be toxic if used incorrectly or can interfere with prescribed medications or treatments.
However when used appropriately, they can be extremely effective and have far less side effects than prescribed medication, most of which appears to have a list of side effects.
I had severe classic migraines from 5 years old, went through the spectrum of medications until there were no more left to try, nothing worked. The migraines could occur every couple of days and were disabling.
At 32, I was treated by a Traditional Chinese doctor from Beijing with Chinese herbal medicine. After 6 weeks the migraines were more or less gone. Since then I have had only 3 or 4 in over 20 years.
I suppose it comes down to each individual case and what is most effective in their situation.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 03:07 PM

Gives weight to the argument that vitamins are just one complete rip off. They make us feel better psychologically by taking them thinking they are doing us some good, but do we really know if they are, or perhaps we think they are because taking them reassures us?

Same as cough and cold remedies. A complete waste of money. A cold will go when it's time is up, naturally.

I take cod liver oil to keep my joints and backache from flaring up, and B12 for possible memory loss...but are they working - or are they just doing our peace of mind some good?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top