Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 08:28 PM

I think I've broke me toe! :(

If it isn't bad enough getting Golfer's Elbow without even picking up a club, I went and stubbed my little toe this morning! It's been painful all day and is now black and my foot is gradually going black and blue on one side.
I put some Witch Hazel on it when I did it and ice packs during today.
I don't think the doctor can do anything about it from what I've heard so I'm not sure I should bother going to the Surgery.
I broke a toe on the other foot three years ago and didn't go to the doctors but, now it gets painful in the cold weather.

Has anyone else done this and what did you do?
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 08:50 PM

Re: I think I've broke me toe! :(

I had my big toe broken by a member of staff at a Garden Centre. What did I do, sued for £8,000 compensation
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 08:52 PM

And at them kind of rates I bet you gave them a hammer to smash the remaining 9 didn't you.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
If it isn't bad enough getting Golfer's Elbow without even picking up a club, I went and stubbed my little toe this morning! It's been painful all day and is now black and my foot is gradually going black and blue on one side.
I put some Witch Hazel on it when I did it and ice packs during today.
I don't think the doctor can do anything about it from what I've heard so I'm not sure I should bother going to the Surgery.
I broke a toe on the other foot three years ago and didn't go to the doctors but, now it gets painful in the cold weather.

Has anyone else done this and what did you do?
Well I was going to say ... expect the nail to go black and drop off but if you foots gone black and blue on one side, even after Witch Hazel, I'd get off to the doctors and get it checked.
It must hurt like hell Tess.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 08:58 PM

It does!
I'll try to get an appointment in the morning, good job I drive an automatic car.
If not I'll pop to little local hospital and wave it at someone.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 09:01 PM

Oh dear Tess, poor you. Can't offer any help as I've never broken a toe. Must be painful

I've had Golfers elbow and Tennis elbow at the same time and I dont play either
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

21-09-2016, 09:03 PM

Tis best .... can you move your toe or is it a case of it hurts that much you're avoiding trying?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 09:07 PM

get it checked tess, make sure you dont have any circulation problems.

you dont want to go down my road.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
And at them kind of rates I bet you gave them a hammer to smash the remaining 9 didn't you.
Well the guy did offer to do the other foot.

I had to drive home, right bloody mess. Left it for a couple of days, then doc sent me to A&E.
dukeofearl
south coast uk

21-09-2016, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
get it checked tess, make sure you dont have any circulation problems.

you dont want to go down my road.
Why is it cobbles?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top