Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 09:12 PM

Re: I think I've broke me toe! :(

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Oh dear Tess, poor you. Can't offer any help as I've never broken a toe. Must be painful

I've had Golfers elbow and Tennis elbow at the same time and I dont play either
Don't mention Tennis elbow.
Mine came on last Oct/Nov. Woke up one morning with me arm stuck bent like a boomerang. Couldn't lift the kettle, brush me hair, write, or even turn a door handle.
Went to the doctor's in December and told him I thought I'd got tennis elbow, what did he think?
He said ... You've got tennis elbow. ...come back in January if it doesn't go away and I'll give you a steroid shot.
It didn't ..so I did and it didn't make a scrap of difference.
He told me it was self-limiting and would get better on it's own in 6 to 12 months ... which it has done.
I still can't straighten it but fortunately a few weeks back I managed to touch my nose with my right hand for the first time.
Just as well .. as I've a stinking cold now and can't imagine trying to blow me nose with one hand.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 09:23 PM

Morti...really painful isn't it? It took months for mine to go...both sides of the elbow - agony. I couldn't even cut my food up

BTW, I've never been able to blow my nose with one hand. It's a bugga when it's raining and your holding the brolly and need to blow your nose.

How DO folk blow their noses with one hand?

Sorry Tess, off topic
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 09:32 PM

I can wriggle it a bit but it makes me swear!
I'll get it checked out somewhere tomorrow, even the blankets on my bed hurt!
I wish I'd got my other toe looked at last time but, I was busy moving house and already had an appointment to have some glass removed from that foot so I thought they'd notice anything wrong. However, that appointment was cancelled and walking badly made my toe heal bent so now it plays up.
I'm not safe walking about!
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 09:32 PM

Dont think they will do anything with it, i broke one of mine and the Doctor said , it will hurt and be black , but nothing they can do with it
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 09:36 PM

What they usually do with broken fingers and toes is to strap the broken one to the next toe with tape .

I haven't broken a toe but bruises my little toe lots of times and crushed my big toe twice, that was a nightmare .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
If it isn't bad enough getting Golfer's Elbow without even picking up a club, I went and stubbed my little toe this morning! It's been painful all day and is now black and my foot is gradually going black and blue on one side.
I put some Witch Hazel on it when I did it and ice packs during today.
I don't think the doctor can do anything about it from what I've heard so I'm not sure I should bother going to the Surgery.
I broke a toe on the other foot three years ago and didn't go to the doctors but, now it gets painful in the cold weather.

Has anyone else done this and what did you do?
Tess my daughter stubbed her middle toe a couple of years ago, she was in a lot of pain with it so SIL took her to A & E. She was given an x-ray to make sure nothing was broken, fortunately it wasn't. They taped her painful toe to the next toe to give it more support and told her to put cold compresses on it throughout the day. The bruising lasted for weeks, also on her toenail which she eventually lost months later.

Best for you to get it checked out at the hospital just in case it's broken.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 09:40 PM

That's what I did Meg, put some plasters around it and strapped it to the next toe.
Been hobbling about all day, my dog thought it was strange walking even slower than usual and me grumbling and saying "ouch!" I swear he tutted at me a couple of times!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I can wriggle it a bit but it makes me swear!
I'll get it checked out somewhere tomorrow, even the blankets on my bed hurt!
I wish I'd got my other toe looked at last time but, I was busy moving house and already had an appointment to have some glass removed from that foot so I thought they'd notice anything wrong. However, that appointment was cancelled and walking badly made my toe heal bent so now it plays up.
I'm not safe walking about!
Funny things though toes aren't they.
So small ... often just forgotten as little appendages stuck like twiglets on your foot .. You'd never believe how much they can hurt when they get clobbered.

Wiggling is good .. it suggests it's not broken but there are so many other bones in the foot you're right to have it looked at. You might have jarred something else if it's so bruised. I hurt my foot years ago, didn't bother having it looked at and every now and then it plays up and it cripples me to walk. Lasts a day or two then gets better.
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 09:45 PM

It will mend on it's own Tess. I've broken several toes in my lifetime, and hobbled about, but yes, they are very painful.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

21-09-2016, 09:46 PM

Yep toes are forgotten about until we hurt them.
Going back to my other foot, I had glass in it for three years before I realised it was there! I stood on a stone and it must have shifted, now that was painful!!!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top