Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 02:17 AM

Flying with tinnitus

About a year ago I developed tinnitus, the ringing or howling disorder affecting the ears.

Next week I fly away for my holidays and this will be the first time with this ear complaint. I'm wondering how it will affect me.

Normally I get - like most people - the temporary deafness until my ears 'pop', then all is okay. This may be different this time. I have some ear plugs which may help.

Anyone suffered with this and can help with tips, etc?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 03:36 AM

Re: Flying with tinnitus

Flying won't affect you. Tinnitus is in the brain not the ears. (I have had it for years)
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Flying won't affect you. Tinnitus is in the brain not the ears. (I have had it for years)
Thanks Bruce That's what I thought. It's still taking me time to get used to it. I guess swimming would be the same, no difference. Just gotta live with it I guess
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 06:54 AM

I've had tinnitus for a number of years and flying has never made it worse. Don't let it worry you, and you should be fine.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 08:21 AM

I always fly with Emirates Airlines.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 08:41 AM

I've suffered with Tinnitus for years and it has never affected my ears whilst flying.

At one time the cabin crew used to bring round a tray of sweets before taking off and landing .... chewing was supposed to help with any ear problems. Maybe you could try this, it may help you.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 08:42 AM

[quote=ez rider;997116]i always fly with emirates airlines
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 08:45 AM

sorry that wasnt me , i tried to put something in and messed it up
Norway
i

23-09-2016, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
About a year ago I developed tinnitus, the ringing or howling disorder affecting the ears.

Next week I fly away for my holidays and this will be the first time with this ear complaint. I'm wondering how it will affect me.

Normally I get - like most people - the temporary deafness until my ears 'pop', then all is okay. This may be different this time. I have some ear plugs which may help.

Anyone suffered with this and can help with tips, etc?
My wife suffers from it as well, she has acupuncture which does help for a while, but there seems to be no cure for it. It has never been a problem for her with flying
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

23-09-2016, 03:09 PM

Thanks for your replies folks, nothing to worry about it seems

EZ Rider - What do Emirates Airlines know that we don't about tinnitus I wonder?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top