Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2016, 12:01 PM

Chronic Pain

I was at the blood clinic waiting for a test this morning and I noticed this advert on the waiting room wall.
I thought it might be of interest to any one with ongoing pain who perhaps didn't know about it.
Hope it helps.

http://www.awaywithpain.co.uk/
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2016, 12:07 PM

Re: Chronic Pain

It's a good site but I find talking about my pain doesn't really help just take the tablets and get on with life is best way for me. I can see if helps others though.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 10:36 AM

Thought i had replied, so here goes.

This holds promise, a painful condition.

A trial taking place in the UK, will be the first of its kind to investigate the potential of an innovative drug, PL37, which can prolong the body’s own natural painkillers. Dual Enkephalinase Inhibitors (DENKIs) like PL37 are an exciting and long-awaited, novel class of analgesics for chronic pain conditions, such as diabetic neuropathy.

Not a big believer in some of this for my conditions, as for the others the sheer physicality would prove beyond me

Complementary Health is a huge area and one which seems to be growing all the time. It includes many different therapies and practises such as, Massage, Aromatherapy, Shiatsu, Reiki, Crystal healing, Reflexology, Yoga, Meditation, Tai Chi, and so the list goes on! Complementary Therapies such as these tend to take a holistic approach; that is, they work on the body, mind and soul. They tend to look at treating the cause of a problem rather than just treating the symptoms. They therefore offer a very different approach to modern conventional medicine. However, most good Practitioners would not advocate forsaking modern medicine for a Complementary Health approach; instead they see its role as being there to enhance modern medicine. Practitioners will usually advise you to consult with your doctor before receiving any significant treatments.

I wonder if the likes o Reiki is more about a kind of placebo effect, as visiting a GP is a very sterile experience these days.

An interesting site, some areas have not been updated for a while. currently the Gabapentin and Codeine are working though im reluctant to take them fo too long.

Ta for the link.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 04:28 PM

I have got some faith in complementary treatments Nom, but like every other type of practitioner, I believe some are better than others.
To complicate further, how do you know which treatment would be most beneficial, and they are usually too expensive to try out lots of different ones.

I have been interested in different therapies for years, so I would usually plump for that sort of help if appropriate, but sometimes we do need the worrying drugs as well, unfortunately.

This has took me back to years ago I did my Reiki Ist degree, then went on and did my 2nd degree. I also was once qualified to practice Sekhem Reiki, and lastly I passed an Animal Healing course. The trouble is, unless I practice something all the time, I get rusty, so I let my insurance expire in the end. Now, I have probably forgotten more than I learnt! I do still know many therapists though.

Having said that, I do also think that more orthodox medicine and drugs are sometimes a necessary evil though, but it depends on the illness and how serious it is.

I don't know what to suggest for you. If we had Simon Cowells money, we could pay for the best health experts in the world, but us lesser mortals have to join the queue and rely on our NHS experts combined with our own bits of knowledge.

As I said, I just spotted that website advertised at the blood clinic, so thought of you.
Good luck, and hope you get some good help very soon.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 04:50 PM

Ta Mups if i win Fridays Euromillions first thing i will do is get myself into a private hospital for a full health check, and rebuild. Im sure many of the therapies work, i once trained with an Aikido sensei, he had trained in Japanese healing arts in combat situations , and he was very good.

Also part of my Kendo and Archery training used concepts and meditation to focus the mind and body. iI dont dismiss it but the physical damage would not react well to physical contact, and when it goes i curl up to the left until the spasm relaxes. So far ive escaped that just.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 05:58 PM

I find Tai Chi is helping quite a bit.
Hope things went well at the docs Nom.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top