Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 07:05 PM

Re: Painkillers

I've always eased my recurring back problems with a daily cod liver oil and glucosamine capsules. A back spasm sounds more of an issue though tbh.
Get well soon, Nom.
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 08:04 PM

Just make sure you get that appointment first thing on Monday.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Nom if oromorph is not working you may need to step up to that other thing I still cannot spell-Fentanil?. It`s very strong and comes in patches so take the Dr`s advice.
There has been a lot on the radio (and probably in the press) that these subscribed drugs do not necessarily work and have a variety of unpleasant side effects but CBD (the legal form of cannabis for pain control) is readily available on the internet and works wonders.

I am told that it doesn't get you 'high' and you put it in a vapouriser or tea ...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
There has been a lot on the radio (and probably in the press) that these subscribed drugs do not necessarily work and have a variety of unpleasant side effects but CBD (the legal form of cannabis for pain control) is readily available on the internet and works wonders.

I am told that it doesn't get you 'high' and you put it in a vapouriser or tea ...

Sorry Rachel, but I don't think he should self-prescribe for something so serious. Also, we don't know how CBD would interact with present meds.
Best advice is - get professional advice a.s.a.p.

Also, another thought Nom, couldn't you get your shopping delivered until you feel up to going out more?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 11:08 PM

Hope you get sorted Nom ... any pain is horrible but back pain is so debilitating as it makes you so 'immovable'... and in my view, from experience, very miserable because of that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Hope you get sorted Nom ... any pain is horrible but back pain is so debilitating as it makes you so 'immovable'... and in my view, from experience, very miserable because of that.
Poor Morti. I hope you've got a good vet.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Sorry Rachel, but I don't think he should self-prescribe for something so serious. Also, we don't know how CBD would interact with present meds.
Best advice is - get professional advice a.s.a.p.

Also, another thought Nom, couldn't you get your shopping delivered until you feel up to going out more?
That would be the morons who prescribed the drugs which caused thalidomide, addicted millions to benzodiazepines and turned millions into zombies on antii-depressants.

If a scan shows that there is nerve compression or spurs , surgery can help but is not taken lighty. Corsitone injection may help. If you become incontinent , get in quick it is serious.
In general if you have the problem normally there is little which in truth can be done. Becoming a morphine or a life wrecking Diazepam junkie is no answer, in my opinion. The latter being far harder to get off than cocaine, as it makes structural alterations to the brain and not chemical changes to the body like cocaine .

Good luck.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
My back problems lasted for several years.

Sometimes getting downstairs took 20 minutes (I know other people have been worse than this).

Getting upstairs again ? yeah right !

As with mental health issues, nobody can see the pain and if you put on weight (inevitable with a bad back) people who lack empathy/understanding are a total waste of space.

Lots of hugs Nom ... but gentle ones
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 07:01 AM

Ta folks, ive had a better night, i did try and find a grocery delivery supermarket, but they only do click and collect up here.

All i can do is keep off my feet as much as possible, until it settles down. I will
ask the GP`s`advice then research what she offers before accepting.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Ta folks, ive had a better night, i did try and find a grocery delivery supermarket, but they only do click and collect up here.

All i can do is keep off my feet as much as possible, until it settles down. I will
ask the GP`s`advice then research what she offers before accepting.
Glad you had a better night, but you never know when this may happen again so you must find a way to get food supplies. Perhaps a neighbour could pick up your grocery order or speak to your doctor about when you ran out of food... he may know some organization who would be happy to help in such circumstances.
Sadly Nom, as we get older, we all find that we need more help than we ever wanted or needed before......and there are people out there who get great pleasure from helping people in need. The only idiots are people like us, who always think we can manage on our own but we can't!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top