Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 06:04 PM

Too much DOPAMINE

One of the things that dominate the neurological conditions that comprise Tourette's & Parkinson's Syndrome is the chemical messenger in the brain known as dopamine.Too much & you'll suffer from Tourettes & too little & you'll develop Parkinson's .

Wouldn't it grand if the surplus of one group could satisfy the needs of the other?

Am I being Naive ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 07:39 PM

Re: Too much DOPAMINE

Interesting. I wasn't aware that they had narrowed it down to find the causes of these conditions. Hopefully there will be a way of controlling them soon.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
One of the things that dominate the neurological conditions that comprise Tourette's & Parkinson's Syndrome is the chemical messenger in the brain known as dopamine.Too much & you'll suffer from Tourettes & too little & you'll develop Parkinson's
Brain imaging studies have also shown the structure of the basal ganglia is different in people with Tourette’s syndrome, it's unclear whether these changes are due to a dopamine imbalance or sensitivity or the cause of it.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Brain imaging studies have also shown the structure of the basal ganglia is different in people with Tourette’s syndrome, it's unclear whether these changes are due to a dopamine imbalance or sensitivity or the cause of it.
You sure about that as Google search NHS says ...

Brain imaging studies have also shown the structure of the basal ganglia is different in people with Tourette’s syndrome. However, it's unclear whether these changes are due to a dopamine imbalance or sensitivity, or the cause of it.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2016, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->

Brain imaging studies have also shown the structure of the basal ganglia is different in people with Tourette’s syndrome. However, it's unclear whether these changes are due to a dopamine imbalance or sensitivity, or the cause of it.
here we go again making claims and opinions with no references provided apart from google - were are the scientists in this group?
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2016, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
here we go again making claims and opinions with no references provided apart from google - were are the scientists in this group?
If you read the post properly and had a little sense you would note that I repeated the post that was put on by "Google Lill", as some call her.
Get it?
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2016, 07:42 PM

Yes, I often quote NHS sources.
dukeofearl
south coast uk

22-10-2016, 08:40 PM

Yes, I often quote NHS sources.
Yes I know, for 8 years posting with you I have noticed.
That is fine, but why sit back and take the credit ? Made worse of course that being a nurse people believe you are the source of the knowledge and lulled into the belief that you know more than other people.
Pats
Lincolnshire

22-10-2016, 08:56 PM

Yes I know, for 8 years posting with you I have noticed.
That is fine, but why sit back and take the credit ? Made worse of course that being a nurse people believe you are the source of the knowledge and lulled into the belief that you know more than other people.

I have no illusions about being 'the source of knowledge' as you put it......and i am sure no one is 'lulled' into anything.

Do you honestly believe that no doctor or nurse ever refers to anything for reference?
dukeofearl
south coast uk

22-10-2016, 09:02 PM

I have no illusions about being 'the source of knowledge' as you put it......and i am sure no one is 'lulled' into anything.

Do you honestly believe that no doctor or nurse ever refers to anything for reference?
Not the same is it. You jump into any medical threads speaking with knowledge, and most mugs , not me as I have always sourced your posts, think this knowledge comes from your head.
This thread was typical, hence the post from Gumbid.

If you want to use Google fine, but why not acknowledge the source?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top