Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 06:22 PM

Re: Talc and Possible Cancer risk

I've used talc for years, and still do, and I'm still ok.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 08:14 PM

Me too jainie, I like the silky feel of skin when you use it. To be honest I think just use any perfumed of chemical based product in moderation....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by JainieB ->
I've used talc for years, and still do, and I'm still ok.
Some smokers use the same reasoning.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Some smokers use the same reasoning.
I think the dangers of drawing toxic fumes regularly into the lungs is quite a different question Spitty, although being once a smoker myself I did think that I was immune to it's effects...How wrong I was.

It does begs the question that if Talc is a carciogenic how many people who manufacture the stuff have gone on to develop cancer? I would imagine it should be higher than the national average.

I reckon that there are many more causes of cancer that have been introduced into the average household, for example:- Cling film produced a scare a few years ago, Air Fresheners, Exhaust Fumes, Insect Sprays, Garden Fertilisers, Weedkillers and Insect Sprays, Household Cleaning Agents, Washing Powders, Fabric Conditioners, AntiPerspirants that prevent or impede normal bodily functions, Soaps and Shower Gels, many of these can be absorbed through the skin or taken in through the nose and mouth while breathing, and ingestion.

I also believe that hereditary factors play a major role in the transmission of cancer.
Previous generations were exposed to many more chemicals and toxins and things that were deemed safe and later were proved not to be so consequently they were not not provided with the appropriate safety equipment. Having contracted the disease it would then be passed down through the generations to the present day, after which the cause had long since been removed but we still search.....Especially the Mail Online!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Twink I agree. But why make some talcs specifically for babies in the first place? Do some mum's still use it I wonder?
One should be able to assume things on sale are safe for us.
They repackage the same products for different groups because they can charge more for less, it's called marketing.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
The ancient Egyptians used to use crocodile dung (inserted) as a contraceptive.
I suspect that must of our lady members would "knock" that, having tried it or not
But did they die of cancer.

And if the did could the have sued for millions
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 07:47 AM

Hi

The two biggest groups of people who suffer from Cancer.

Smokers and the Obese.

Talcum Powder does not even enter the Equation.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top