Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 01:59 AM

Chicks Smashing Grunters

There is a female backlash to the male domination of hunting in the media.

A new magazine called 'Chicks Smashing Grunters' has just hit the news stands

(The sub title needs a bit of a rethink though, it could be misconstrued.)

The publisher is a single mum from Queensland's north coast, Louise grew up on a property in the Northern Territory, spent 14 years working in the mines and has long been a keen hunter.

It's launch even got a guernsey on Media Watch

Feral pigs are doing a lot of damage to our native environment, our food sources. They’re disgusting animals ...Every pig we kill is a positive to Australia.

— Louise Warren, Publisher, Chicks Smashing Grunters, Statement to Media Watch, 4th September, 2014
She's a brave girl publishing a new mag in the current climate.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 09:27 AM

Re: Chicks Smashing Grunters

Despicable cruelty to animals, who the world also belongs to.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Despicable cruelty to animals, who the world also belongs to.
They just don't belong in this part of the world - feral pigs eat the eggs of endangered turtle species, consume bird chicks, reptiles, reptile and bird eggs, frogs, soil organisms, earthworms and other invertebrates, carrion, fruit, seeds, roots, tubers, bulbs and plant foliage. They provide reservoirs for endemic diseases, can be vectors of exotic diseases, spread the root-rot fungus Phytophthora cinnamomi, and physically damage plants, providing entry points for infection.

They need to go, they don't belong here.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 03:11 PM

I'm sure that there will a certain following who are more interested in the 'chicks' that what they are doing for the environment.

I don't suppose the gruesome pictures of blood covered shot animals will put them off. They may even find it tittivating.

I believe it started with a FB group which has now grown into a magazine.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top