Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2015, 11:12 PM

Enjoyable night

This evening we, along with a few other close friends, were invited to our Norwegian next door neighbours for dinner. It was a lovely evening, a little cooler than yesterday but by no means cold. The dinner took place in their lovely summer house, but no cooking for them, they had organised for a local Indian restaurant to do the catering. It was excellent, a complete buffet. The dogs were invited too as they get on very well with their dog, a wonderful time was had by all.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2015, 11:37 PM

Re: Enjoyable night

What a good idea organising a local restaurant to do the catering, saves all the hassle.

Everyone looks so relaxed in the lovely summer house ... just as it should be. It's nice to see Madam Chocho had an invite too, Loretta
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2015, 02:37 AM

That's the way to do it!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2015, 06:45 AM

It's looks as if you had a good night, and it looks a great place for a venue. Maybe they could start up a business?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2015, 09:04 AM

I love to hear of your life in Spain Loretta - I love the culture, the celebrations they have - you have given a great insight over the years and smashing pictures
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2015, 09:05 AM

What a lovely idea. I think food always tastes better when shared with friends!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2015, 01:55 PM

Thank you all. I doubt they would want to set up a business Suzuki Sue, they had very successful businesses in Norway and they are very wealthy people, but very nice neighbours, unlike the English couple on the other side of us who have managed to fall out with everyone in the street because,
quite frankly they can't mind their own business and tell everyone what they should do and want to know everything. As I type this they are informing new neighbours, who have moved here only today, about who they should speak to and who they shouldn't, I can hear them from here, they are on their solarium shouting down to the new people who are in the garden. Later the new people will be invited round for drinks to be told everything about the rest of us. I'll be at the top of the hit list, they haven't spoken to me since my birthday party in November, they were not invited, partly because I didn't really organise it and mostly because if they had come everyone else would have left. Silly people really, they are their own worst enemy.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2015, 02:04 PM

that's the brits for ya! - europeans have always been more open and friendly - brits are there worst own enemies!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

02-04-2015, 03:37 PM

Not really correct gumud, there are some very nice English people around here, this couple are the exception.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2015, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Not really correct gumud, there are some very nice English people around here, this couple are the exception.
'Course it is - good an bad in all nationalities ......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top