Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 08:18 PM

Re: Last to post wins

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well you can't stay here that's for sure and I have never heard it called that before.

TYPICAL blokey comment!

When will you behave!

It is a pity you men are not as considerate as the ladies here, at least they try their best to find helpful and kind suggestions
You see, that is what proper, thoughtful, well bred ladies do, it comes naturally to us - quite unlike the male specimens of the human race.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 08:54 PM

I forgot to tell you LADIES, I had lunch with a gentleman today - a proper one, not like this lot on here!

Funny old story really. I used to work for him over 30 years ago. He was a friend of my husband's originally.
He and his wife ran the village pub in a tiny, picturesque village about 15 mins from me.

When they sold up, they went back to Oz - his wife was an Aussie lady anyway.
Over the years, we still kept in touch from time to time, the usual stuff like christmas cards, and the occasional email.

Anyhow, this morning my phone went, and to my great surprise, it was Mick. He said he was over here for a few weeks and did I want to meet up for lunch. So I had to hurry up and get ready and met him in town for a good old natter and catch-up.

His poor wife has bad dementia now, and is in care, so he came over on his own to see their kids and grandchildren, and look up a few old friends while he was here.

He walked me back to my car and we said tat-ar and he gave me a hug. He is such a big man though, (and I am sure I'm shrinking daily), that I said bye bye to his belly-button! It gave us a laugh though.

Then this evening, another old friend rang and she said Mick and a bunch from the old watering hole were all having a farewell meet at the Cricket Club tomorrow night to see him off back to Oz, and would I join them.
I don't like night driving anymore, but I am tempted as it would be lovely to see more old faces I haven't seen for many years again. It was nice to be invited too, as they were my husband's friends really, and they know he is long gone. I thought it was kind to still include me.

Just thought you'd like to hear my rabbiting on . . and on . . . and on . . .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

18-09-2019, 09:35 PM

Now back to business.

I see I've bored the pants off Dongles, and that Judster fellow is too frightened to put in an appearance, so things are looking up at last.
My job here is done.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 09:40 PM

....but only for the last five minutes....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

18-09-2019, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
....but only for the last five minutes....

Oi, cheeky. Where'd you spring from?
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 09:58 PM

That should read Where did you Winter from surely?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

18-09-2019, 10:19 PM

That's it. They're all gone at last.

I must just leave a message for that Juddery bloke before I go. . .

Research carried out by scientists in Sweden, found out that every man's beard they took swabs from carried a much higher bacteria count than a dogs coat does (or dog's neck to be precise).

The article finished up by saying:

"So it seems you are less likely to be in contact with bacteria by cuddling your dog than a man with a beard."

What do you think of that then Judsy?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 11:11 PM

Men with beards? Not my thing at all. May I cuddle Gertie instead?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

18-09-2019, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Men with beards? Not my thing at all. May I cuddle Gertie instead?

Our Judsy man has got a beard Tabby, that's why I told him about the research findings.

Cuddle Gertie? If you were here, you wouldn't have to ask - she'd be on your lap and insisting.
Cuddles make her world go round.

Right, seeing as it's nice and peaceful, I'm off to bed.

Night night, sleep well Tabs.

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 11:30 PM

Good Night - Sweet dreams - creamy cakes and pink ice creams!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top