Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 07:54 PM

Re: Jagger ill

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
That's a fact !
It is!
Should be compulsory!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 08:01 PM

Also don't like the way Jagger pranced around the stage.

Give me a break !
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The Beatles are far more superior musicians .
The stones were no where near them
So Macca and Ringo are fine touring the world then?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 08:39 PM

Musical style aside, the main difference between the Beatles and the Stones is that the Stones were cool.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I reckon being number 8 in that lineup after more than 50 years is pretty good going Omah. I wonder if Sheeran will make the top twenty in 50 years time!
I think folks have to appreciate just how long they have been up there as well Annie. I doubt the majority of those on that 2018 list will still be there in 20 years let alone 50. Great artists IMO. They used to make me feel so rebellious and I enjoyed it. Made my dad furious they did.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 09:22 PM

I hope Mick has got a few more years left in him yet and gets better soon.

I saw the Stones at Wembley in 1990 (Urban Jungle Tour). A great show. The whole of one end of the stadium was the stage and Mick strutted his stuff up and down the entire length of it.

My mate and I were close to the left-hand end and within about 20 feet of the man when he came to where we were standing. A time to remember.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I think folks have to appreciate just how long they have been up there as well Annie. I doubt the majority of those on that 2018 list will still be there in 20 years let alone 50. Great artists IMO. They used to make me feel so rebellious and I enjoyed it. Made my dad furious they did.
I wasn't born when they first came out. My much older brother was a big fan though. I can understand why parents in that era would have hated them. Totally anti-establishment and so funny that Jagger is now knighted! It says the Queen didn't want to do it in person.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I hope Mick has got a few more years left in him yet and gets better soon.

I saw the Stones at Wembley in 1990 (Urban Jungle Tour). A great show. The whole of one end of the stadium was the stage and Mick strutted his stuff up and down the entire length of it.

My mate and I were close to the left-hand end and within about 20 feet of the man when he came to where we were standing. A time to remember.
I was there, Mart!
It was in support of the Steel Wheels album and I remember the band being booked for Wembley for five nights. However, they only played three because Keith Richards broke his finger.
I was in the RAF at the time and we got involved with stewarding duties. I was lucky enough to see some big bands (and football play-offs) during my 2-year posting at Northolt.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I was there, Mart!
It was in support of the Steel Wheels album and I remember the band being booked for Wembley for five nights. However, they only played three because Keith Richards broke his finger.
I was in the RAF at the time and we got involved with stewarding duties. I was lucky enough to see some big bands (and football play-offs) during my 2-year posting at Northolt.
Well fancy that eh!

'Guns N' Roses' was playing there too and 'Nothing Compares To You' (Sinéad O'Connor) was playing over the system as we walked into the stadium. I came away from the concert and everything sounded muffled to my ears. We were really close to the stage speakers. No wonder I have tinnitus these days.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

01-04-2019, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Well fancy that eh!

'Guns N' Roses' was playing there too and 'Nothing Compares To You' (Sinéad O'Connor) was playing over the system as we walked into the stadium. I came away from the concert and everything sounded muffled to my ears. We were really close to the stage speakers. No wonder I have tinnitus these days.
Dead right Mart, that's perhaps the same reason I have tinnitus too. Too much loud music throughout my life.

I've been racking my brain trying to think who the support act were for the Rolling Stones on that tour...was it a band from Scotland? 'Gun' or somebody? Can't remember.

I'd love to have seen them last year (like the lucky Ruthio did ), but I went to see Roger Waters instead. One big band per year at those prices I'm afraid.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top