Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2011, 01:36 PM

Custom Greeting Cards

I've been in a mood to learn new ways to use my photographs. So many people have suggested greeting cards or postcards that I decided to give unique greetings cards a go. I find my first effort quite pleasing. Of course you would personalize the salutation on the card but you get the idea. What do you think?

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2011, 03:27 PM

Re: Custom Greeting Cards

I, personally, find them very acceptable, Bob .....I have been out this morning looking for a birthday card for my 95 year old aunt. If your card had been on the shop's shelf I would have bought it straight away as that is the type of card that I find is more acceptable to the older generation.

I find your example above bright and cheerful.

Good luck in your new venture
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2011, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I, personally, find them very acceptable, Bob .....I have been out this morning looking for a birthday card for my 95 year old aunt. It your card had been on the shop's shelf I would have bought it straight away as that is the type of card that I find is more acceptable to the older generation.

I find your example above bright and cheerful.

Good luck in your new venture
Thank you for your comments about my cards. I really have no intention on marketing their design. I create them strictly for the knowledge I gain for the times I'll need those techniques. I've had dozens of folks suggest I make greeting cards and postcards as they would be created using my own photographs but I tell them I'm just a simple photographer with a degree in fine arts. I'm no businessman.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2011, 04:57 PM

Do any of your friends have any expertise in marketing, Bob? I admire your photography very much and agree they'd make excellent cards.
bobmielke
Portland, OR

05-09-2011, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Do any of your friends have any expertise in marketing, Bob? I admire your photography very much and agree they'd make excellent cards.
All of my acquaintances/friends are retired like me and, although they are the ones encouraging me to sell my wares, have no will to sell them.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 06:45 PM

I have done that mt self made my own
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 11:56 PM

They are really good, get in there and make a bob or two.
bobmielke
Portland, OR

28-01-2012, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
They are really good, get in there and make a bob or two.
This one won the best holiday greeting card on a photography forum.

Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2012, 12:20 AM

I'm not surprised it's fab.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2012, 02:02 AM

its lovley

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top