Join for free
Page 13 of 56 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 01:30 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Dominic Cummings visited parents' home while he had symptoms

If Cummings escapes any punishment then I would hope that a family comes forward who was caught and given a fine for doing exactly what Cummings did, thereby exposing any double standards.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Am no expert BUT

No child under 16 has died of this.

They can be carries so could kill their grandparents.

Bit of an old link.
https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...20-2?r=US&IR=T
Here's one after a single tranche :-

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-dies-18276929.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 01:44 PM

It it a case of Cumming and goings I wonder ?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 01:48 PM

Deleted...... as it’s like flogging a dead horse on here!
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 01:49 PM

It has been obvious since the start of The Pestilence that the Lefty - Liberal - Remainers and MSM have been picking fault and trying to trip up the Government, and hopefully bring about a high level sacking, or a resignation, or at least an embarrassment

Well now they've found something and are looking to get their Remainers Revenge

I watched the TV news this morning and predictably the BBC were in full witch hunt mode, trotting out various outraged Lefties and disgruntled Conservatives

It's a pity they weren't as rigorous about prosecuting Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris, and others
Or criticising Opposition MPs who colluded with the EU to subvert Brexit
Or criticising Jeremy Corbyn's support for terrorists

Later there was an interview with Tony Hall, the Director General of the BBC
He is retiring soon, and said words to the effect that he was proud to have been in charge of such a wonderful, unbiased TV and news channel
That's when I switched it off in disgust

Apparently Tony Hall has said thet he's concerned that Boris will give the BBC 'a whacking'

Well I hope he does, it can't come soon enough
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 02:07 PM

It yesterday briefing the government scientist Dr Jenny Harris reaffirmed ''the official guidance is that if you develop Covid-19 symptoms you must remove yourself from the public domain, but that there is “always an element of safeguarding” ...in other words the safety of others (and yourself to some extent) is also a consideration.

I will give an example, if you were classed as extremely vulnerable eg over 70 with comorbidities you are supposed to stay at home whenever possible and have food delivered, however, if you are unable to do this you are not expected to sit at home and die in order to comply with the 'rules', we are expected to use an element of common sense.

If I had a small child and my partner became ill with the virus and I thought there was a good chance I would fall ill too my prime concern would be 'safeguarding' my child and my partner in any way I could and if that involved taking them to a place where help could be obtained from a younger family member I would do just that and I wouldn't give a dam what anyone else said or thought. I would still be 'removing myself from the public domain' while at the same time making sure my child was safe.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It yesterday briefing the government scientist Dr Jenny Harris reaffirmed ''the official guidance is that if you develop Covid-19 symptoms you must remove yourself from the public domain, but that there is “always an element of safeguarding” ...in other words the safety of others (and yourself to some extent) is also a consideration.

I will give an example, if you were classed as extremely vulnerable eg over 70 with comorbidities you are supposed to stay at home whenever possible and have food delivered, however, if you are unable to do this you are not expected to sit at home and die in order to comply with the 'rules', we are expected to use an element of common sense.

If I had a small child and my partner became ill with the virus and I thought there was a good chance I would fall ill too my prime concern would be 'safeguarding' my child and my partner in any way I could and if that involved taking them to a place where help could be obtained from a younger family member I would do just that and I wouldn't give a dam what anyone else said or thought. I would still be 'removing myself from the public domain' while at the same time making sure my child was safe.
“Well, she would say that, wouldn’t she?”

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
If Cummings escapes any punishment then I would hope that a family comes forward who was caught and given a fine for doing exactly what Cummings did, thereby exposing any double standards.
I read the article some weeks ago by Cumming's wife Mary Wakefield about their terrible experience of having the virus included experiencing hallucination and muscular spasms. It sometimes happens that people die very suddenly with C19 due to thrombotic complications.

I guess some people might have prefered it if Cummings had stayed at home in London rather than seeking help from a trusted younger family member and while doing so had died along with his wife leaving the child alone with 2 dead bodies.
It would have given the gossips somthing to chew on...
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
It has been obvious since the start of The Pestilence that the Lefty - Liberal - Remainers and MSM have been picking fault and trying to trip up the Government, and hopefully bring about a high level sacking, or a resignation, or at least an embarrassment

Well now they've found something and are looking to get their Remainers Revenge

I watched the TV news this morning and predictably the BBC were in full witch hunt mode, trotting out various outraged Lefties and disgruntled Conservatives

It's a pity they weren't as rigorous about prosecuting Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris, and others
Or criticising Opposition MPs who colluded with the EU to subvert Brexit
Or criticising Jeremy Corbyn's support for terrorists

Later there was an interview with Tony Hall, the Director General of the BBC
He is retiring soon, and said words to the effect that he was proud to have been in charge of such a wonderful, unbiased TV and news channel
That's when I switched it off in disgust

Apparently Tony Hall has said that he's concerned that Boris will give the BBC 'a whacking'

Well I hope he does, it can't come soon enough
That interview was with the Marrsbar this morning and I agree with you - the sooner the better as far as the Beeb's news and current affairs dept is concerned.

As for Cummings, the Marrsbar was trying to suggest that he was putting others at risk IF he had to stop for fuel. Hasn't that Scottish loon heard of "Pay At Pump"?

I'd had enough and switched off about ˝way through the Grant Shapps interview.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 03:09 PM

Defending Cummings is 100% wrong in my opinion.

This was the official advice at the time of his trip
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...home-isolation

This was withdrawn and replaced with an updated version:
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...d-19-infection

and this is the official advice from the NHS:
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...irus-symptoms/

I have just been on BBC website and was scrolling through the live section and noticed this comment from political correspondent Ian Waston which I think is very relevant to this topic of discussion, and i quote:

Ministers are rallying around Dominic Cummings and it's clear the PM does not want to lose a trusted adviser with whom he first worked closely on the Vote Leave campaign.

The hope is that this will be seen as a "Westminster bubble" story and that the bubble will soon burst. Also, after a U-turn on the NHS surcharge for migrants this week, No 10 will not want to look as though it is on the run.

But this is an issue that has resonance way beyond Westminster.

Other parents will have been sick during the pandemic and stuck to what they thought were the guidelines to self isolate for up to 14 days.

So, the danger for the government isn’t just the prospect of political attacks from opponents.

It is the perception the rules that apply in your street don't apply to Downing Street. And if No 10 are interpreting the guidelines flexibly enough to allow people with Covid symptoms to travel substantial distances to isolate away from their principal residence, the wider public may follow suit.

That may, in turn, make the government's task of pushing the reproduction rate of the virus down all the more difficult.
The section in bold is very pertinent as to why many people are angry, annoyed, frustrated at what Cummings did and that fact that those rallying behind him are clearly interpreting the advice on self isolation differently to everyone else (hence the section in bold in the quoted comment from Ian Watson). No where in those links I've provided does it say that if you or a member of your household is infected with the virus, you can drive miles out of your way to self isolate elsewhere.

Page 13 of 56 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top