Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 03:38 PM

Re: Do You Find It Difficult To Disagree With People You Like?

I would try to disagree with my daughter but she would shout me down and tell me she was right so I say , oh I dont think that's right , then I'm told it is and it's different today and I am wrong blah blah blah

So I say nothing

Others I can have a healthy discussion and agree to disagree quite happily .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Azure, l love how when you disagree with a man, that you usually refer to them as ‘Sir’ in your reply.
You are so professional!
No..... It's because we are in charge (but that's another thread)
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 03:53 PM

Some people I agree with, some I disagree with but no one listens anyway.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Some people I agree with, some I disagree with but no one listens anyway.

True.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-02-2020, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
True.

keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I don't have time for people who talk as if everything that comes out of their mouth is FACT.

My friends tend to make conversation by saying things like, "there was a bloke on TV last night saying ... " or "there was an article in the Mail Online accusing ..."

The best advice my father gave me: "pretend to know less than you really know, and you might learn something :wink:".

Have you noticed pig-headed bullies always pretend to know more than they really know.

Yes mate. IT's called the Dunning Kruger effect.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
[/I][/B]

We're inundated, overwhelmed with politicians, journalists and salesmen, we don't need that in our private lives.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-02-2020, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
I am usually diplomatic having been in business for years and dealing with the public.

I will say "I do not agree" politely, but would never say!
B""////////#s to you.
Or 'Close your mouth and give your arse a chance", as my straight talking husband would say.

No one dared answer him back especially as he was sixteen stone nearly 6 FT and very loud.

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Same here - I love a good discussion/argument but I was always brought up to argue politely, never to make it personal or take it personally and to accept that just because two people disagree, they can still like each other!!
Having said that, I did lose a few friends over my support for Brexit (most of my friends are lefty liberals seduced by the nonsense of identity politics) but that was their decision, not mine!
I agree. How can you discover the thinking behind other people's opinions, wrestle all the options, and actually discover that sometimes you can actually be wrong if you aren't able to discuss things openly?

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
[/I][/B]

Haha! You have mentioned one of my favorite tendencies in human nature (beyond the mentioned attribution to bullying). You should start a thread on this! Haven't we all been guilty, particularly in the confidence of youth, of thinking something was easier than it appeared or that we knew a great deal about something - only to find out that we were embarrassingly wrong?

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
No..... It's because we are in charge

That's the best joke I have heard since the last time you said it!

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top