Join for free
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 10:29 PM

Great News for Appledore

British ship building is coming home !

https://www.business-live.co.uk/port...paign=sharebar
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 10:48 PM

Re: Great News for Appledore

That should be one in the eye for Wee Burney after she was demanding that the Royal Navy should be stationed in Scotland.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 10:31 AM

I think there are tentative plans for a wind farm off of Lundy which Appledore will be able to build the windmills along with ships ,at present Appledore is shut, but they had a recruitment open day back in Sept.

https://www.business-live.co.uk/port...-jobs-18931493
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 10:42 AM

Good, it's time shipbuilding came home. Scotland has had an unfair share of this in recent times for no other reason that I can see other than a sop to the Scottish to keep them onside. That has obviously failed as a policy.

But what I can't really comprehend, is how the nationalist fanatics think they would finance their economy if they split from the UK. If we brought all of our defence and other assets back to England, their unemployment rate would almost double overnight, and with the oil industry on it's knees and North Sea reserves disappearing, how would they generate any sort of sustainable income? Personally I can't see the logic but hey, they obviously know something that we don't..... any ideas anyone...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 12:11 PM

I believe the first one will roll off the production line soon

Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I believe the first one will roll off the production line soon

Ah, a warship almost invisible to sonar and infra-red?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top