Join for free
Page 508 of 754 « First < 8 408 458 498 506 507 508 509 510 518 558 608 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 04:02 PM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Lol,Roxy...I'm sorry I didn't buy any crisps.chocolate or biscuits..wish I had now ...but I did get extra macaroni,brown rice & wholemeal spaghetti last week...I'll swap You some of Mine for some of Yours
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 08:56 AM

Good Morning all,it's a dry one here but I won't get out for My walk as My arthritis is playing up,so will just potter around the garden and get some fresh air..there was no paracetamol in the co-op last week so will just have to make do and keep off My feet for a day or two.

I'm wondering will Jessie get back Home to Glasgow from LA ok as planes are being stopped from US to Uk from Tomorrow

I seem to have a permanent churning in My stomach every time I read about the C virus and the thought of not seeing My Family for 4 months is getting to Me because I didn't think it would be as long an isolation period for the over 70s....gawd help those Folks who live in flats and don't have a garden to get out to....see Ye A' later.x
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 11:38 AM

Morning, Dry here but again with the freezing cold wind, time it turned from the North me thinks. I know what you mean about not seeing your family, I've not seen any of mine for weeks now and I don't know when I will again, that's the main drawback of living way up here. Went to the park with the dog early, just the back of eight and got a shock, the cars were queuing to get into Tesco as I past.....WTH. It's usually dead at that time. This is just getting stupid now.
I get Paracetamol on my prescription but I'm not due to get any for at least two weeks, wonder if they'll give me any or something else hhmmm.
I also dread reading or seeing the News every day, like yourself this virus is starting to scare me now.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

15-03-2020, 12:03 PM

Yoohoo,back again and feeling a bit more positive about everything (I shouldn't post on here until after I've had My breakfast)...I've never ever classed Myself as being 'vulnerable' but now because I'm over 70 the Gov' has stuck that label on Me...well feck that!..I'll continue walking to & shopping in the local shops rather than the large supermarkets and won't travel on buses..also No-one will prevent My Family visiting Me on Mothers Day..I'm not going to allow this damned virus to change who/what I am...so 2 fingers up to it..carry on regardless

I'm also taking a break from here for a wee while...see Ye soon,xx
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 12:43 PM

Good morning ladies. Got home last night from La. My niece and I discussed it and decided to come home. We had to buy one way tickets and came home via Edinburgh. Her daughter picked us up and took me to Tesco as she was taking me home. I don't class myself as old and I don't want to be stuck indoors for for four months.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 12:56 PM

Hi Jessie, Sorry you had to cut your break short but glad to see you back here safe n sound. Like May I'm not letting the government stick a lable on me. I'm not 70 yet but I am almost there.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

15-03-2020, 03:44 PM

Hi Jessie,glad You arrived Home safely...were You told to isolate for 1 week after flying back from LA?

I'm off at 7am for a walk to the co-op Tomorrow to stock up on crisps,sweets.chocolate & biscuits...may as well indulge Myself...just as well I gave up the vino or I'd be stocking up on that too
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

15-03-2020, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Hi Jessie,glad You arrived Home safely...were You told to isolate for 1 week after flying back from LA?

I'm off at 7am for a walk to the co-op Tomorrow to stock up on crisps,sweets.chocolate & biscuits...may as well indulge Myself...just as well I gave up the vino or I'd be stocking up on that too
Hope you get to shop in peace May, more people seem to be going early to avoid the busy times, only to create more busy times lol. But they should be back at work tomorrow, so you will hopefully be ok.

Seems the Scottish Government is not agreeing with the UKs lock up of over 70s. They are still taking steps but not so harsh as Boris...…..yet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-51898288
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

15-03-2020, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Hope you get to shop in peace May, more people seem to be going early to avoid the busy times, only to create more busy times lol. But they should be back at work tomorrow, so you will hopefully be ok.

Seems the Scottish Government is not agreeing with the UKs lock up of over 70s. They are still taking steps but not so harsh as Boris...…..yet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-51898288
Aye, and I agree with Our Gov',I don't mind going into total isolation for a few weeks,but 4 Months is just not on...Old Folk all over Britain who live alone will be topping Themselves suffering from depression ..I'm sure we'll hear more gems coming from Westminster tomorrow.....I wonder if all the old farts in the house of lords will isolate Themselves for 4 months! and will bojos old Man do it too?...I don't think so.
But there;s method in UK gov's madness,if We don't do as They suggest and we're unlucky enough to catch the virus....well...it's not Their fault...it's Ours..because We were
warned

Jayzus,Daughter just phoned to say 6 residents of a carehome just up the hill from Me have the virus...I may just change My mind about walking up the hill to the Co-op now
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

16-03-2020, 09:50 AM

Morning All,and a fine frosty sunny one it is here too,perfect for walking so that's what I've done...I didn't think I'd sleep well last night..but I did for 8 hrs as usual...enjoy Your day Lassies and take care.xx

Page 508 of 754 « First < 8 408 458 498 506 507 508 509 510 518 558 608 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top