Join for free
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 11:48 AM

Re: Disgusting abuse of law

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
But it wasn't murder, manslaughter yes, murder no.
They caused the death of a Police Officer while these moronic bastards were in the act of committing a crime. To me and many others, that is murder.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
They caused the death of a Police Officer while these moronic bastards were in the act of committing a crime. To me and many others, that is murder.
I agree. Dragging someone for several miles at 60 mph - intentionally - an causing their death through that action is surely murder.

Of course, there will always be do-gooders who are happy to side with the criminals. I have no idea why.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 11:54 AM

It doesn't matter what it is to you - or me, for that matter, or anyone else. It is, like it or not, the law.

Causing death in the act of committing a crime is not murder. Perhaps it should be, but it isn't necessarily so. And in a court of law it is, not surprisingly, the law that counts.

The judge's guidance to the jury is going to be the key to understanding this verdict.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree. Dragging someone for several miles at 60 mph - intentionally - an causing their death through that action is surely murder.

Of course, there will always be do-gooders who are happy to side with the criminals. I have no idea why.
No-one is "siding with" criminals. Quit the paranoia.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 12:03 PM

I've not followed the case but if the prosecution intended to charge the PC killers with murder then the prosecution has to prove 'intent'. As i said, I've not followed the case therefore if the prosecution was able to prove 'intent' and the jury returned back with manslaughter then yes something wrong has taken place.
OldFogey
NW UK

25-07-2020, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
I've not followed the case but if the prosecution intended to charge the PC killers with murder then the prosecution has to prove 'intent'. As i said, I've not followed the case therefore if the prosecution was able to prove 'intent' and the jury returned back with manslaughter then yes something wrong has taken place.

Yes - intent is central.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 12:07 PM

To me too, but not in law.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 12:20 PM

They knew he was been dragged as they weaved the car from side to side In order to dislodge him .
They could have stopped he may have lived .
But they had no intention of doing that
It does bear not thinking of what he suffered as when discover was not immediately recognisable as a human being .
This was someone’s son and husband .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
They knew he was been dragged as they weaved the car from side to side In order to dislodge him .
They could have stopped he may have lived .
But they had no intention of doing that
It does bear not thinking of what he suffered as when discover was not immediately recognisable as a human being .
This was someone’s son and husband .

I agree Muddy.
Those scum bags knew exactly what they were doing and I can't understand why they have not been charged with murder - unless some intimidation has gone on?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree Muddy.
Those scum bags knew exactly what they were doing and I can't understand why they have not been charged with murder - unless some intimidation has gone on?
Another CPS decision.

Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top