Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 09:05 PM

Chinese Plague vaccine?

Looks like the Russian scientists might have come up with a vaccine. Hardly surprising if they have. Together with Israel they are the best in the world.

Much bellyaching that Russia had accessed research files from other countries but so what? It was only the hope of huge profits that were preventing global cooperation that should have been taking place all along. Let's just hope that Voladya, aka The Grey Cardinal and his team have pulled it off - for the benefit of the world.

Edited to add - Check out Sputnik V. I'd certainly take it given the chance.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 09:31 PM

Re: Chinese Plague vaccine?

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Looks like the Russian scientists might have come up with a vaccine. Hardly surprising if they have. Together with Israel they are the best in the world.

Much bellyaching that Russia had accessed research files from other countries but so what? It was only the hope of huge profits that were preventing global cooperation that should have been taking place all along. Let's just hope that Voladya, aka The Grey Cardinal and his team have pulled it off - for the benefit of the world.

Edited to add - Check out Sputnik V. I'd certainly take it given the chance.
Unusually Todger l am in complete agreeent with you !
Particularly on the co-operation issue??
I always knew you were not the ultimate capitalist you pretend to be!!

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 09:49 PM

I heard a bit about this on the radio when I was driving today.

Our scientists say it is impossible for the Russians to have a vaccine that is proven safe, so soon, and to my untrained brain I am inclined to agree.

They were saying vaccines are supposed to be tested on hundreds of thousands of people over a long period of time before they can be declared safe, as well as effective.
It is impossible for anyone to have done this in such a short time.

My guess is, it's all about money - as usual. Everything comes back to money at some point.
Whoever does make the first vaccine which is proven effective and safe could hold the world to ransome and charge what they want for it.

I just found this interesting article about Covid vaccines, it explains what the chap on the radio was saying earlier today.

https://coronavirusexplained.ukri.or...ticle/vdt0005/
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 10:13 PM

The amount of adverse publicity that will be churned out by the West against anything that Russia produces will be mind boggling.

I'm obviously keeping an open mind but I'm inclined to trust Russian or Israeli scientists over Americans all day long.

My suspicion is that the probability is that Sputnik V is the result of Russian and Israeli joint venture.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 10:26 PM

The amount of adverse publicity that will be churned out by the West against anything that Russia produces will be mind boggling.

I'm obviously keeping an open mind but I'm inclined to trust Russian or Israeli scientists over Americans all day long.

My suspicion is that the probability is that Sputnik V is the result of Russian and Israeli joint venture.

Here's a link about it for others to read:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...vladimir-putin

I must say though, I certainly would not be their guinea pig, because that's what people are who would have this before it could possibly have been trialled long enough.

The only other devious scheme I can think of is, Covid was 'released' on the public after a vaccine had been produced.
In other words, Covid was laboratory made, then a vaccine created, and only then it 'escaped' on the world.
How's that for a conspiracy theory ey?

Money to be made like you've never dreamed of.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

The only other devious scheme I can think of is, Covid was 'released' on the public after a vaccine had been produced.
In other words, Covid was laboratory made, then a vaccine created, and only then it 'escaped' on the world.
How's that for a conspiracy theory ey?
Realist would be proud of you
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 11:52 PM

Stupid thread title.

Covid 19 is not a plague, it is a virus not a bacteria.

Don't show your ignorance, if it was a plague you would need an antibiotic to overcome it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 11:53 PM

So how do you feel about British scientists?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 11:54 PM

Russia skips COVID-19 vaccine trial, says millions to be vaccinated this month

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020...ine-sputnik-v/

The World Health Organization, which tracks international COVID-19 vaccine development efforts, lists Sputnik V as being only in the first of three main clinical trial phases. Generally, Phase I clinical trials for vaccines are small—typically only involving dozens of people—and only assess the safety of the candidate. Phase II trials may involve hundreds of people and look further at safety, dosing, and the immune responses that the vaccine triggers, which may hint at the vaccine’s possible efficacy. Then there is the Phase III trial, which often involves tens of thousands of people and looks at whether the vaccine protects against infection and disease.

Little is known about Sputnik V, which was developed by researchers at the Gamaleya Institute in Moscow. There is no public data on the vaccine, let alone any published, peer-reviewed scientific studies. Public registration of two small (Phase I) clinical trials notes that Sputnik V uses a viral-vector-based design, but they suggest that it has only been tested in a small number of people. The trials, which began less than two months ago, each enrolled 38 healthy volunteers and have an estimated study completion date of August 15.
So, it's been tested on only 76 people .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Money to be made like you've never dreamed of.
I am not so sure about that Mups

It has been said 'If covid is anywhere it is everywhere' and from the discussions I have heard from some virologists involved in the development of a vaccine many doses will be given free because it is in the interests of all of us to see the virus halted.
We will see if good sense overides greed .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top