Join for free
Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 10:55 AM

Re: American Cops - again

Are you just guessing about Meth, Todger, or do you know something we don't?
When that man apparently reached into his car for something, we can't assume it was a gun, it could have been his phone for all we know.
Surely he wouldn't leave a gun on the seat of his car with his kids sitting in there too?

As for the other man in Louisiana, the one who got shot 11 times by 6 police officers all having a go, he was apparently going into a shop in the petrol station holding a knife. Agreed, he was about to commit a crime.
But a report said he was tasered, then shot 11 times.
Why?

I know you won't agree, but surely a shot in both legs would have calmed him down!
Why did SIX coppers all have to have a pop?

Seems like they are just using someone as target practice IMO.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I must agree with Todger. The fact that every person in America is allowed to carry a gun the police don't know what they are about face when apprehending a suspect. How many policemen are shot and killed in America each year? The media don't tell you that do they.....
It's a dangerous job that not many people would want to do. So to quote the words of Jack Nicholson....."You Want Me On That Wall".....

That's all very well Foxy, but the report says this man was unarmed.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 11:05 AM

The man has survived, that may be something the policemen involved will have reasons to be concerned about.

Shoot first, ask questions later policy cannot be condoned. Noticeably, the President has yet to comment.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-08-2020, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
The man has survived, that may be something the policemen involved will have reasons to be concerned about.

Shoot first, ask questions later policy cannot be condoned. Noticeably, the President has yet to comment.

I think it said on last night's news he will be paralysed for life, so I would imagine the shots went through his spine?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I think it said on last night's news he will be paralysed for life, so I would imagine the shots went through his spine?
Indeed, his father said, 'They shot him like it didn't matter but my son matters. He's a human being and he matters.'

Almost like an execution, like they were enjoying themselves.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 11:44 AM

Are you just guessing about Meth, Todger, or do you know something we don't?
When that man apparently reached into his car for something, we can't assume it was a gun, it could have been his phone for all we know.
Surely he wouldn't leave a gun on the seat of his car with his kids sitting in there too?

As for the other man in Louisiana, the one who got shot 11 times by 6 police officers all having a go, he was apparently going into a shop in the petrol station holding a knife. Agreed, he was about to commit a crime.
But a report said he was tasered, then shot 11 times.
Why?

I know you won't agree, but surely a shot in both legs would have calmed him down!
Why did SIX coppers all have to have a pop?

Seems like they are just using someone as target practice IMO.
I suggest reading the backstory exposes a lot. In any case his behaviour all along clearly indicates that he was in an altered state of consciousness typical of meth users of which there are a very great number of users.

Shot in both legs? Unless it shattered a bone no short term use.

Why did? The matter had to be brought under control at all costs. It was.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->

Shoot first and then ask questions later beats the hell out of don't shoot and not be able to ask questions later or don't shoot and see an innocent killed or injured. His fault 100%. No sympathy.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

26-08-2020, 11:48 AM

Hopefully.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 12:00 PM

None of us were there. None of us were faced with the perceived threat to life to ourselves or others. So it seems a little harsh to judge the officers' reactions.

I doubt that they took the decision lightly.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-08-2020, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
None of us were there. None of us were faced with the perceived threat to life to ourselves or others. So it seems a little harsh to judge the officers' reactions.

I doubt that they took the decision lightly.

Dex, I am not questioning why these men were shot at all, but what I do find hard to justify, is the number of bullets used, and why six officers all shot the same bloke in the second case.
Couldn't they see their colleagues had already shot him??

Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top