Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2020, 01:21 PM

Re: Conspiracy theorists

Originally Posted by mart ->
I never believed David Icke is the son of God. Although in fairness to Dave, a lot of people never believed Jesus was the son of God at the time ..but lots do now.
Did'nt that turn out to be fake news mart??

Donkeyman! 😇😇
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2020, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Did'nt that turn out to be fake news mart??

Donkeyman! 😇😇
According to some reports and opinions.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The trouble is, could David Icke and others like him have been employed by the establishment to make conspiracy theories look ridiculous and without substance, so nobody takes them serious? Babies and bathwater springs to mind.....

If this time last year I would have said that next year we will all have been confined to our homes and have to wear masks before we could enter any premises, not even allowed to see your loved one's from a different bubble, not allowed to attend the death of your parents in hospital, or their funeral, and all holidays abroad have been cancelled for the unforseen future, unless you want to spend a fortnight in quarantine, thousands of people out of work, and the economy in ruins, Black people wanting to take over the country/world and get rid of the police, and even supposedly intelligent politicians, footballers and racing drivers give them the knee of acceptance, You wouldn't have believed me would you?.....Just another conspiracy theorist....Isn't this how the establishment get what they want? With your backing or finding it too far fetched to happen?

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but can we ignore the signs and do nothing?
For me, I believe that all conspiracy stories come about because, whoever the "Powers That Be" are, there is rarely an explanation, or plan, put together, by those "Powers" which lays down what has actually happened, which needs fixing, and what the process is going to be to fix it.

If the basic story is not nailed down, properly, there will soon be lots of alternative stories which will look more likely to the listener.

If you take Corvid, as an example, which plan has been put in place to make sure that we all understand how, where & why?

Our communications suck!

Which Media source can we trust to get the real message out?

Do we need to control the Media (like Churchill did) in the event of major happenings?

Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The trouble is, could David Icke and others like him have been employed by the establishment to make conspiracy theories look ridiculous and without substance, so nobody takes them serious? Babies and bathwater springs to mind.....
That's a conspiracy theory in itself, OldGrey. And the flaw in it is that some people do take characters like Icke seriously. Some people just seem to be vulnerable to having the rational part of their brain bypassed.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 11:42 AM

People have always fallen for snake oil salesmen. I've come to the conclusion that people will basically believe anything you say to them if you sell it in the right way. Even when they can see reality right in front of them they will still believe the opposite if the opposite view has been persuasive enough.

They didn't believe Covid would come here. Then when it came it wasn't taken seriously enough. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, still some people think it's just flu. I'm sure that when the Spanish flu was around people had the same attitudes.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
For me, I believe that all conspiracy stories come about because, whoever the "Powers That Be" are, there is rarely an explanation, or plan, put together, by those "Powers" which lays down what has actually happened, which needs fixing, and what the process is going to be to fix it.

If the basic story is not nailed down, properly, there will soon be lots of alternative stories which will look more likely to the listener.

If you take Corvid, as an example, which plan has been put in place to make sure that we all understand how, where & why?

Our communications suck!

Which Media source can we trust to get the real message out?

Do we need to control the Media (like Churchill did) in the event of major happenings?

Very interesting theory Ted, but is it the other way round?
Too much information around these days, and most of it conflicting!
Back in the day, we just had the BBC news or a newspaper that basically all sang from the same song sheet....Now we have opinionated news hounds putting their own interpretation on the news...
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 10:19 PM

talking of David Icke, there was a man running around threatening people with a rifle in Leicestershire yesterday. he was shouting “I am the son of David Icke.” The police shot him with rubber bullets.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
talking of David Icke, there was a man running around threatening people with a rifle in Leicestershire yesterday. he was shouting “I am the son of David Icke.” The police shot him with rubber bullets.
No genuine son of David Icke would run round the streets of any English county admitting it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 10:40 PM

The geezers I knew could conspire, but, not for very long, the ego blew the conspiracy out of the water in no time at all.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top