Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 03:03 PM

Re: Covid Self Help

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Very simple and painless.

You put it over the end of a finger and it works it's magic.

https://www.blf.org.uk/support-for-y...lung%20problem

It also measures your pulse.

Make sure you get a good one, some are rubbish.

My oxygen saturation this morning is 98 and my pulse 68.
That's good Swimmy

I struggle to get to 90% some days and my meds pushed my HR (pulse) down in the 30's which was very scary making me feel faint. I cut the meds and can manage 58 BPMs now.

I know if I catch C19 I will be unlikely to survive.
Having a Pulse Oximeter has provided a reliable early warning system and the people in my support group in other countries were advised by their doctors to get one along with taking Vitamin D3 which I have on prescription.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Is that 98 out of 100 swimmy? If it does it sounds good but maybe its not....thats the trouble isn't it understanding the figure....whats good and what isn't.
100% oxygen is the best you could achieve Summer, it's the amount of Oxygen circulating in your blood after being extracted by your lungs from the air you breath and then being pumped around your body by your heart for use in the muscles and brain. 100% suggests that everything is working perfectly. However, it should also be checked under 'Load Conditions' or strenuous exercise, which could highlight a weakness in the system - Inefficient heart, lungs or obstructed arteries.

Pulse should normally be between 60 - 80 bpm, but as Swim points out, the fitter you are, the slower your resting heartbeat will be. Some athletes can have a heart rate in the forties. Fitness can also be measured by how fast the heart returns to normal after exercise.
This was my reading taken this morning.....Oxygen on the left and pulse on the right. My pulse Oxy meter also has a cardiograph along the bottom in yellow....

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 09:49 PM

I've got a blood pressure monitor that reads BP and pulse readings. I also have a smart watch that gives a pulse reading. I don't have an oxygen level monitor but my friend does, she's got emphysema so she likes to know her oxygen levels. She just sticks it on the end of her finger like they do in hospitals.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Is that 98 out of 100 swimmy? If it does it sounds good but maybe its not....thats the trouble isn't it understanding the figure....whats good and what isn't.

98% is excellent, once you get down to about 84% your internal organs don't get enough oxygen and begin to fail.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top