Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 05:43 PM

Re: You c an't win

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I guess that is the problem with having a small garden but it is a pity as it shrinks in size as it composts and it will make your soil so much more productive.
Yes you are correct Bruce. Having a small garden and a house in a rough area doesn't help matters.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Leaf mould is great stuff. I don't get a lot but I never throw it away.

I agree. I'd love to make some leaf mould, but unless I go up the bridleways and fields I can't get enough leaves, as most surrounding trees here are evergreens.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 11:57 AM

9 more bags of leaves this morning collected. To put it in perspective
one wheeley bin full = 4/5 bags
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree. I'd love to make some leaf mould, but unless I go up the bridleways and fields I can't get enough leaves, as most surrounding trees here are evergreens.
I have the same situation, I used to collect leaves on my walks occasionally in the days when the supermarkets gave away plastic bags but these days my compost is just food scraps.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:00 AM

only 1 bag today but that was off the roof and gutters ,loads more now in the garden but that is a job for tomorrow
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

14-11-2020, 11:06 AM

Mups

next year come to my place with a skip and you can have it filled with leaves for nothing
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Mups

next year come to my place with a skip and you can have it filled with leaves for nothing

Surprise you if I did, wouldn't it.

Why don't you just get a tree surgeon in and prune the trees right down?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

14-11-2020, 07:04 PM

They have tree preservation order on them. PTO so can't touch them
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-11-2020, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
They have tree preservation order on them. PTO so can't touch them

Not quite as simple as that, Speedy.
Whoever's land they are on is still responsible for them as far as I know.
What if a huge broken branch was hanging down, do you think having a TPO means you must leave it dangerous?

Have a look at this little bit:

Q. Is the council responsible for protected trees?

No, the owner retains responsibility and duty of care to the public for the tree's condition, safety and any damage the tree may cause. The only difference is that the planning authority's permission is required before carrying out any remedial work.

So it seems you just have to ask permission first.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:10 PM

So it seems you just have to ask permission first.
That is undoubtably right too

tAll trees in my LGA (except fruit trees) are protected but I had aand 8 metre palm which was in the way and got permission to demolish it.

My neighbour got permission to remove a massive tree, the trunk was over 2 metres in diameter, to build a garage. The tree to a week to remove with Hiabs and scissor lifts, must have cost him a fortune. Improved my view of the escarpment no end.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top