Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:00 AM

Re: I Have My Own Covid-19 Tester.

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Every night, l sniff my little bottle of Olbas Oil. Whilst l can smell it, l know l am fine.
When l can’t, l might panic!!

Do you have your own tester?
What if you catch a common cold Arty?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
No - Apart from wearing a mask when out I never give it a second thought!
Same here Tabby....

If my body ached all over, I couldn't find the strength to get out of bed, and I had a raging sore throat and cough, I would suspect that I had caught something....
That would be my test...
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
If my body ached all over, I couldn't find the strength to get out of bed, and I had a raging sore throat and cough, I would suspect that I had caught something....
That would be my test...
Covid: more than 80% of positive UK cases in study had no core symptoms

Thu 8 Oct 2020

Researchers at UCL said 86.1% of infected people picked up by the Office for National Statistics Covid-19 survey between April and June had none of the main symptoms of the illness, namely a cough, or a fever, or a loss of taste or smell the day they had the test.

Three quarters who tested positive had no notable symptoms at all, the scientists found when they checked whether people reported other ailments such as fatigue and breathlessness on the day of testing.

Unlike coronavirus testing in the community which focuses on people with symptoms, the ONS infection survey routinely tests tens of thousands of households around the country whether the occupants have symptoms or not.

The finding has prompted fears that future Covid-19 outbreaks will be hard to control without more widespread testing in the community to pick up “silent transmission”, particularly in universities and high-risk workplaces such as meat processing facilities.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...-more-19279105

The latest figures from Liverpool's mass testing operation have revealed nearly 400 asymptomatic carriers of the virus have been located.
Lily7
New Member!
Newyork,USA
Lily7 is female 

14-11-2020, 11:28 AM

Sounds great !
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

14-11-2020, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Covid: more than 80% of positive UK cases in study had no core symptoms

In which case Omah, no problem...
There must be hundreds of thousands of people walking around with Cancer, hepatitis, heart disease, and other conditions that they didn't know about until they get the symptoms.....If indeed they ever do get the symptoms.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 12:15 PM

In which case Omah, no problem...
There must be hundreds of thousands of people walking around with Cancer, hepatitis, heart disease, and other conditions that they didn't know about until they get the symptoms.....If indeed they ever do get the symptoms.
The main difference between Covid-19 and the rest is that Covid-19 is infectious .....

The "R" number is all-important:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-r-number-in-the-uk

An R number between 1.0 and 1.2 means that on average every 10 people infected will infect between 10 and 12 other people.

A growth rate between +1% and +3% means the number of new infections is growing by 1% to 3% every day.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54935700

In the US, data shows that the majority of the country has rising "community spread" of the virus - situations where people get the virus without any known contact with a sick person.
That'll be due to the misinformation pumped out by Trump regarding masks and social distancing .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 01:41 PM

What if you catch a common cold Arty?

Touch wood, Foxy, l rarely do get colds.
Ha, l bet l will now...Sod’s Law!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Is this thread triggered by Hugh Grant's interview where he describes sniffing other people's armpits to check whether he has covid? I loved the bit where he said that he knew things had gotten bad when he felt like Harvey Weinstein was sitting on his chest.
Annie, I didn’t know Hugh Grant had said something similar.
As you know, if you go by the threads l start..... my mind works in very strange ways!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

14-11-2020, 01:48 PM

Someone, l spoke to in a call centre when l was renewing my mobile phone contract said, he had tested positive for Covid-19. The only symptom he had was he lost his sense of smell and taste, nothing else.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top