Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 10:06 PM

Summer Car

Its about time to refresh my summer car, bought loads of stuff for it, before next spring, it will have a respray, a replacement extended leather interior and a wheel refurb, I'll stick some photos on tomorrow when it is returned to the garage for the duration, its own lockdown so to speak.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 10:42 PM

Re: Summer Car

That sounds interesting spitty. I'm looking forward to seeing this project.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 01:16 PM

Ok, the car is in the garage, its the first time its been in there since the new garage doors were fitted and there was 1/2" clearance to the wing mirrors either side. The reason I got the car cheap some six years ago was at some point in its history the bonnet had been resprayed, but in some sort of dusty environment and contamination had got into the paint so, now I have two options, I I can prepare the bonnet and take it for professional respray or, 2, I purchased another bonnet (in Titan Silver) which could be taken to the paint shop as is and be colour changed. The beauty with this model is all the external panels are detachable, so can be sprayed in stages (from the same batch of paint of course.

In the photo the bonnet is dusty, but you may be able to see the contamination.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 03:38 PM

How about a before and after pic, Spitty, so we can see the difference?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
How about a before and after pic, Spitty, so we can see the difference?
I don't think he can get out of the car Mups, Only half inch clearance.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

01-11-2020, 05:07 PM

Its a soft top LD, no probs.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-11-2020, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Its a soft top LD, no probs.
Thank gawd for that. I could see you being there all over Christmas.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thank gawd for that. I could see you being there all over Christmas.

We could have taken him a bit of Christmas Pud though, dongle.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 11:09 PM

It is funny that open cars are, or were, so popular in the UK where the weather is pretty poor yet in Australia where the weather, it has to be said, is better they are as rare as hen's teeth.

I was once given a lift from London to a place called Stone in the Potteries in a mate's frog eyed Sprite and I think we put the roof up and down about three times during the one trip. I think a prefer a roof and air con.

My cousin has an old Morgan (same name as his son) he drives about in it with goggles and gauntlets looking like a demented Toad of Toad Hall
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

02-11-2020, 07:27 AM

Bruce, I would never have a Ragtop as a main car, a bit like moving lock stock and barrel to the seaside because of fond childhood memories, becoming blase takes no time at all. Also, it is no fun cooking on the few odd days we have at 30+ degrees, but, an English spring or autumn morning, in the countryside, on your own, the sound of a Straight Six cylinder engine mixed with bird chatter from the hedgerows is divine.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top