Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 10:50 AM

NHS Patient Access - Suspicious Emails

It may well be that the latest emails, regarding security, are genuine but, to me, the latest seems odd - it may not be a scam but a technical error so I thought I'd recount the details in order to ascertain whether other FMs have had similar experiences:

The first email said:

We recently received a request to delete your Patient Access account.

Please click the button below to confirm this request and delete your account.

If you did not make a request for your Patient Access account to be deleted then please contact support.
So I filled in the form to contact support to say that I HAD NOT requested to delete my Patient Access account

The next exchange of emails was:

Re: Patient Ticket from ***** ***** (me)

Patient Access Support
Thu, 19 Nov, 11:16 (6 days ago)
Hello, Thank you for getting in touch with our support team. A member of our support team will respond to your request as soon as possible.
Patient Access Support
Thu, 19 Nov, 15:36 (6 days ago)
Hello, As part of the new update on Patient Access, users who are trying to login who haven't supplied a mobile number and have had 3 unsuccessful attempts are now automatically sent a delete account email. We recommend that you accept this email and retrieve a new registration letter from your practice, as this will be the quickest method to get you back up and running with your Patient Access account.

If you have received a delete account email that you had not requested, this new update will be why. We would like to remind our users that mobile numbers are required for password resets and we highly recommend to add one upon re-registering to avoid going through re-registration.

Mollie
***** ****** @ Google
AttachmentsThu, 19 Nov, 16:02 (6 days ago)
My account already has a valid mobile phone number - see attached
***** ****** @ Google

Tue, 24 Nov, 12:59 (20 hours ago)

Any update please

I have now received an email Re: Patient Ticket from Simon PORTER* with initial contents for me:

* This is not me!

Just to confirm, have you added info@patientaccess.com to your safe-senders using the instructions in my previous correspondence?

Sadly, if this is not done our emails can get filtered out by your email service even before they reach your spam or junk folders.

From once this step has been completed, let me know and I will re-trigger the email for you.

Thanks,
Mollie
Well, I haven't had "the instructions in my previous correspondence?" but "Mollie" has included it in the current email:

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 9:38 AM GMT, Patient Access Support <support@patientaccess.com> wrote:
Hello,

This email is specifically designed for our Hotmail users.

As you may or may not know, our automatic emails regarding password resets, verifications and/or account deletions are being filtered out before they reach even your Junk and Spam inboxes. Below I have left 2 links that we recommend you follow to make our emails from info@patientaccess.com always land in your main inbox. The 2 links will give instructions on how to add our email to a list known as "Safe Senders".

https://www.lifewire.com/hotmail-jun...t-mail-1174252
https://www.wikihow.com/Add-Approved-Senders-to-Hotmail

The email addresses to be added are - info@patientaccess.com and mail@updates.patientaccess.com

Thanks,
Mollie
However, the instructions are for "Hotmail users"

The email then goes on to include emails from other email users with Patient Access replies to them regarding passwords, verification and "crossed" mail, which leads me to believe that it's a technical error but I've had nothing like it before .....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 11:00 AM

Re: NHS Patient Access - Suspicious Emails

It sounds like you’ve been bugged, Omah.

My emails from them are nothing like that.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
It may well be that the latest emails, regarding security, are genuine but, to me, the latest seems odd - it may not be a scam but a technical error so I thought I'd recount the details in order to ascertain whether other FMs have had similar experiences:

The first email said:

So I filled in the form to contact support to say that I HAD NOT requested to delete my Patient Access account

The next exchange of emails was:

I have now received an email Re: Patient Ticket from Simon PORTER* with initial contents for me:

* This is not me!

Well, I haven't had "the instructions in my previous correspondence?" but "Mollie" has included it in the current email:

However, the instructions are for "Hotmail users"

The email then goes on to include emails from other email users with Patient Access replies to them regarding passwords, verification and "crossed" mail, which leads me to believe that it's a technical error but I've had nothing like it before .....
Have you tried going to the patient access web site, direct, and the Support page?

https://support.patientaccess.com/
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Have you tried going to the patient access web site, direct, and the Support page?

https://support.patientaccess.com/
Yes .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 03:30 PM

Anyone else remember the days when you just telephoned the buggers?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Anyone else remember the days when you just telephoned the buggers?
We didn't realise how good we had it then..........Sighs.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 09:06 PM

Sounds very fishy to me Omah.......
I would have deleted the first email.....
However, I don't communicate with the surgery or anybody else in the medical profession by email, so I can see how it would be worrying if you do. I would try and contact my surgery or doctor by telephone, at least you know who you are conversing with, unlike mysterious emails...... Good Luck Omah...
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sounds very fishy to me Omah.......
I would have deleted the first email.....
However, I don't communicate with the surgery or anybody else in the medical profession by email, so I can see how it would be worrying if you do. I would try and contact my surgery or doctor by telephone, at least you know who you are conversing with, unlike mysterious emails...... Good Luck Omah...
I agree with Foxy, I would have deleted the message then contacted my surgery about it.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

26-11-2020, 03:27 PM

As I suspected, the emails were the result of a "technical" error - apparently, a mismatch on the mailing system ..... I will be deleted and then permitted to re-register .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
As I suspected, the emails were the result of a "technical" error - apparently, a mismatch on the mailing system ..... I will be deleted and then permitted to re-register .....

Glad you got it sorted, Omah.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top