Join for free
Page 51 of 95 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 10:04 AM

Re: What book are you reading now?

A friend of mine on face book recommended a psychological thriller called 'The Girl Friend' it was one of those that she couldn't put down. I immediately ordered it from Amazon and started it the other night. It's looking very promising & I can't wait to get deeper into the book.

In return I recommended 'Behind Closed Doors' by B A Paris to her and she's riveted to it - already read 3/4 of it.

You can't beat a good read ... Just lately I seem to have turned to psychological thrillers and always on the look out for good ones.

'The Girl Friend' by the way is by Michelle Francis. It's her first novel
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 10:11 AM

Thanks for the tip carol

I'm currently ploughing my way through the Seven Sisters series by Lucinda Riley.

The first book The Seven Sisters tells the story of seven adopted baby girls...then each subsequent book is the adult girl finding her roots.

Good storytelling and very readable...sort of Jeffrey Archer style.
I'm loving them!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 05:26 PM

Do you mean The Perfect Girlfriend Carol by Karen Hamilton? its in the best sellers list and has had brilliant reviews.. I read it and to be honest I thought it started off very promising too but for me it all got a bit far fetched and I hated the ending.

Don't let my review put you off though because a pal of mine who writes herself thought it was brilliant... If its the same book I would be interested to know what you thought of it
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 05:52 PM

I have two new books to read:

One is by Allan Jones, who used to write for Melody Maker and was the editor of Uncut. His book is a recollection of humorous interviews with grumpy rock stars.

The other is also a music book. It's Bruce Dickinson's autobiography (lead singer with Iron Maiden). He has been through a lot. A rock star, a champion fencer, children's book novelist and had beaten cancer.

I'll take the Allan Jones book on holiday with me and read Bruce's book when I finish that bloody album thread!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I have two new books to read:

One is by Allan Jones, who used to write for Melody Maker and was the editor of Uncut. His book is a recollection of humorous interviews with grumpy rock stars.

The other is also a music book. It's Bruce Dickinson's autobiography (lead singer with Iron Maiden). He has been through a lot. A rock star, a champion fencer, children's book novelist and had beaten cancer.

I'll take the Allan Jones book on holiday with me and read Bruce's book when I finish that bloody album thread!
He's also an accomplished pilot...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
He's also an accomplished pilot...
I knew there was something I forgot! Thanks, Fender
Ed Force One - Iron Maiden's private Boeing 747 no less!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 07:45 PM

I knew there was something I forgot! Thanks, Fender
Ed Force One - Iron Maiden's private Boeing 747 no less!
I used to have a picture disc of their album "Number of the beast" - stupidly gave it away years ago......
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

12-05-2018, 08:13 PM

I used to have a picture disc of their album "Number of the beast" - stupidly gave it away years ago......
Sorry to rub it in mate, but I've still got mine, along with a pic disc of the Flight of Icarus 12" single and the 7" Number of the Beast on red vinyl.
There are not many records I kept, but I did retain those "rarities".
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

12-05-2018, 08:24 PM

Sorry to rub it in mate, but I've still got mine, along with a pic disc of the Flight of Icarus 12" single and the 7" Number of the Beast on red vinyl.
There are not many records I kept, but I did retain those "rarities".
You sod!! - I bet it's worth a bit now??
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

12-05-2018, 10:43 PM

You sod!! - I bet it's worth a bit now??
Thing is mate, they're not worth diddly squat some of those coloured vinyl and picture discs.
Last time I saw the Flight Of Icarus in Record Collector it was going for £12.
With Ebay now around it's killed off many record collectors and buyers. Record fairs are almost dead in the water.
The internet has many drawbacks and a lot of them are killing music.

Page 51 of 95 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top