Join for free
Page 13 of 1676 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 513 1013 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 06:14 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

I have a Marshall Amp, which he uses, just dug out my Guitar (an Ibanez), and knocked out a few notes, bit rusty, but a month or so, would allow some melodic stuff, I'll leave it where I can see it.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 02:35 AM

Nowt wrong with Ibanez,spitty. One of mine is an Ibanez,although I must admit to replacing the shoddy original with a Floyd Rose set-up with whammy bar. It's true that F/R's can be finicky to set up,the first time....but by JIMINY,they're worth the effort! I use mine for everything from AC/DC numbers to more melodic,softer Muddy Waters riffs-although I run it through an H&H amp that happily pumps out 125db without distorting. I use the valve amp with my Burns 12-string....the undertone is truly amazing. All my semi-ac's,I run through a 500 watt Delaney and the basses all run through a bloody great big Peavey-although I use pedals for effects,delay,distortion and even wah...a bass should SING,in beauteous basso profundo,not just 'thump' under the lead riffs.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2016, 07:26 PM

I had to make up me mind rather quickly when I got an offer I couldn’t refuse, a couple of weeks work in Kilkenny restoring very old Celtic jewellery for a privately owned museum, great money and first class hotel accommodation, one would have to be an idiot to refuse it. So there you have it, a couple of weeks of very enjoyable ‘work’, a very fat cheque, the best of food and drink, dancing and traditional live music in the evenings, plus the promise of more of the same again in September, sure where would you get it?, I enjoyed every minute of it, yes me granny was right, it pays to learn a good trade when you’re young, it will stand you all your life, even into your old age if your lucky.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2016, 07:32 PM

Welcome back, Jem! You have been missed.

Sounds like a great job, by the way. What part of the country?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2016, 08:41 PM

Good to see you back Jem

Well done on the museum work too
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2016, 09:13 PM

Thanks Ania and Mags.

Sorry for the delay in answering Ania, I had to nip out for a while.
It was in Kilkenny, repairing and restoring pieces for a very wealthy private collector of ancient celtic Irish jewellery, some of it dating back to the time of Brian Boru (1014). The security peoples terms meant I had to bring down me own tools and work on the stuff on the premises, hence the travelling, you will understand I can’t say any more than that.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Thanks Ania and Mags.

Sorry for the delay in answering Ania, I had to nip out for a while.
It was in Kilkenny, repairing and restoring pieces for a very wealthy private collector of ancient celtic Irish jewellery, some of it dating back to the time of Brian Boru (1014). The security peoples terms meant I had to bring down me own tools and work on the stuff on the premises, hence the travelling, you will understand I can’t say any more than that.
Bet you enjoyed that, Jem. It must have given you huge satisfaction, as well as the nice cheque!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 02:30 PM

Juno what....I'm rather proud of you,Jem. Dashed good show,old chap.
Of the not-very-many people capable OR trusted with such a task,YOU were Top Dog! Bet you're feeling just a teensy bit proud,bro. An-mhaith,mate.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

30-03-2016, 03:32 PM

Thanks Pug. I'm guilty as I did feel a little bit chuffed with myself, especially when yermans mothers face lit up when she saw the stuff finished, she's 98 and very proud of the fact, God love her she was over the moon and gave me a big hug and a kiss, it's a long time since I blushed but you could light a fag off me face that day.

Talking about music I had to laugh at lunchtime today, we were having a pub quiz in the local and we needed a team member who knew a lot about music, we had a great sportsman, a decent historian, and a political nut already lined up, all we needed was the musicman. Paddy McGee strolled over to the table and said he was the fella we were looking for, ask him anything and he would tell us the answer. The team captain Tommy Burke, decided to ask him a general knowledge question just to get the ball rolling. “Alright Paddy” says he “Name five animals that crap standing up” Paddy scratched his head “Let me see now… there’s the Elephant and the Camel, that’s two, then you have the Horse, the Cow, and the Zebra, how’s that for yeh?” “That’s grand Paddy, now how many strings on a Harp?” Paddy was stumped. God yeh have me there now Tommy” “F..k off with yerself Paddy, your useless to us, you know more about shite than you do about music"
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

30-03-2016, 07:00 PM

Well AKSHLY,yer fella Tommy has the right of it,Jem....coz one of the things I learned when I was busy musically,was that Orchestral harps have 7 more strings than yer basic "Rip-'n'-Rock' type harp. Yuss-not many people know that-and I was one of 'em.....

Page 13 of 1676 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 513 1013 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top