Join for free
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 08:36 AM

Radio talk shows/phone in

I was searching my radio stations last night for something other than music. I had insomnia & wanted to concentrate my mind on something.

Couldn't find anything soI ended up listening to music on Gold Radio & very good it was too but there must be chat/phone in/ talk/ shows somewhere on the network.

Do you listen to radio through the night & can you recommend a station?
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 08:56 AM

Re: Radio talk shows/phone in

When in the UK I listened to Radio 5live Up all Night with Rod Sharp.Some nights Dr Karl from Oz would answer science questions.I don't think Rod does it now.Worth a listen though.
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 11:37 AM

LBC. 97.3. has phone ins all night.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I was searching my radio stations last night for something other than music. I had insomnia & wanted to concentrate my mind on something.

Couldn't find anything soI ended up listening to music on Gold Radio & very good it was too but there must be chat/phone in/ talk/ shows somewhere on the network.

Do you listen to radio through the night & can you recommend a station?
BBC's World Service has some interesting programmes and from 1am to 05:20 it is also aired in Radio 4.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 06:41 PM

I often listen to radio 4 world service through the night.
My bedside radio is tuned to radio 4 so I just have to put a hand out in the dark and turn it on .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 06:58 PM

Carol, Do you ever listen to podcasts of radio shows? Or were you thinking of ringing up a programme and participating in the discussions?

I have podcasts of various LBC presenters. I also listen to Radio 2 Popmaster music quiz.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 09:56 PM

Talk Radio is the one I listen to these days.
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 09:23 PM

Used to listen to radio 4 and 5 back in the day but about 5 years ago both those stations became insufferable. Now I mainly listen to Talk and LBC. At night in bed I will listen to books, using my phone, rather than radio

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top